Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women starting a fight for their partner

• 12-04-2023 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭

Talking to my mother I mentioned how I had seen loads of women/girls start fights with other people and then get their partner to come sort somebody out. She said she had never ever heard of such a thing. She lead a pretty sheltered life so I am not that surprised. She just couldn't believe a "lady" would act like that. I worked in a nightclub and it was pretty common like once or twice a month.

Am I wrong to think this was/is common enough?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

I make sure to avoid any contact with women in public as if I accidentally brushed against them they would get their thug boyfriend onto me accusing me of touching their girlfriend. You are better off not leaving the house in general in this society that humans have created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Jaysus……another woman woman bashing generalising thread 🙄

The bad weather clearly making people stir crazy ….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭growleaves

A girl tried to flirt with me in front of her boyfriend in a pub last summer. He looked fairly rough/tough.

I just ignored her.

For some women, their biggest enemy in life is boredom.

I think it is common enough for a certain kind of drama-addict girl to start trouble which could potentially get serious.

Post edited by growleaves on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I've seen it once or twice many years ago e.g. some girl tells her thug bf that another lad groped her arse. Bf then gets aggressive with the other lad. I don't know if the other lad actually groped her arse or not.

Anyway, this seems like the sort of behaviour that you'll encounter in trashy environments such as niteclubs full of drunk arseholes, thugs and cavemen/cavewomen. I have been avoiding such environments for over 25 years.

Leaving aside actual fights, IME many women think about/get off on the IDEA of men fighting. E.g. a girl I know can't hide the fact that she fantasises about me and her husband having a fight and speculating about who would win etc. . She is not a scumbag but if she was, I'd be wary of her trying instigate an actual fight.

I know other women (educated and reasonably intelligent) who while they don't try to instigate, don't seem put off by fighting with casual mentions of "oh, Tom was in a row in the niteclub last night". Others love boasting about how BIG (tall) their bf is and how he'd mangle other men in a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,531 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I seen it loadsa times in fillums and on the telly. Always seemed to involve stilettos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Seen fellas do the same Then get their mammies to fight other people for them . Real drama queens, best just ignored. /s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Working in a nightclub, its understandable that you might have seen it. In the real world where its daylight, it statistically never happens.

Advertisement