Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip Cycle Pathway Canal

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Big unofficial gap in the fences either end still. Dispute still ongoing with no details given by either side still.

Presumably the recent storm is responsible, but the Louisa Bridge end fence has collapsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭getoutadodge

I got out at Lousia Bridge yesterday. Seems like the section west towards Maynooth is as before. I cycled back to the city. The section to Leixslip Confey is complete and accessible. Very nice too. Needs some planting to finish off though at the pathway side adjacent to fields. Lighting and seating and lock stations along the way. Abrupt stop at Confey Bridge with no throughpoint i.e. under the bridge. No further works evident beyond that all the way to the Deep Sinking where the nimbys live. At this rate it will be years before there is a Maynooth to Docklands clear run.

There's two picnic tables and two benches added to the Louisa Bridge end now, and one single solitary bench at around the halfway point. Also a bike repair station at the LB end, which is a great facility. I didn't look too closely, but I assume, pump, allen keys, spanners, etc. All chained to a big metal post.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I walked along the canal this morning. One think I noticed absent were bins. My dog took a dump shortly after joining the path at Confey and I had to carry it until we got to LB station. I know that a lot of people won't carry their rubbish that far unfortunately.

I was looking at the tools this morning. The allen keys aren't there (robbed?). This photo was taken by @devonp recently...

• Advertisement

I didn't look too closely, so couldn't tell you if there were actually allen keys there on Sunday. It didn't look as tangled as that, ffs.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

When I saw it this morning, it wasn't all tangled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭blackvalley

What is it with some people who seem congenitally programmed to destroy stuff. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

Do the lights on the 'new' section between Confey and Louisa Bridge stations work yet?

Noticed they weren't on at around 7pm, but it wasn't very dark yet - I was thinking they might turn on later in the evening.

Well they weren't on at 7am this morning, and it was pitch black out then. From my experience with KCC and pedestrian lights, it can take a few month between infrastructure and ESB connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

The council's track record isn't great in that regard!

Liffey Champ has council meeting report that there is "no timescale" for ESB to connect up the lights.

Seems like half the lights - the LB half - are now connected.

Advertisement