Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I add a cabin bag online, but only on my return journey -Ryanair

Options
  • 10-04-2023 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

Greetings,

I'm going cheapest bag option on return Ryanair to UK. However, there's some stuff I want to bring back and a cabin bag would be just perfect. I was wondering if I login to Ryanair prior to my return journey, could I add the 10kg bag then (having not paid for it on the way over). I suspect Ryanair have this potential loophole plugged, but thought I'd ask here first!

Thanks. Have at it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You can but it's more expensive than buying it at booking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Thanks Caranica. I suspected they'd have it covered alright. Was hoping not to pay for bringing over an almost-empty bag.

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

For future reference, the best way to do this is to book the two flights separately. Obviously only helps if you know at the time of booking that you have different baggage requirements on each leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

So, I went into the App and selected "Manage my Trip" and within there, searched for the 'add extra bags' option.

Would you believe it?? Ryanair actually have a button for selecting to add the bag in one direction only. So, its €20 outbound and €22 return leg.

Unfortunately I cant remember what the cost would have been when making the original booking, but I don't think it was any cheaper - AND if memory serves me correctly, I would have been forced to buy the same option, on out and back journeys - that much is certain.

Of course the new dilemma is.... what bag do i use for the return journey? If son doesn't have a spare one knocking around, then I'll be forced to bring the empty one over anyway🤣.

I've bolded the bit above, in case someone does a search here in future, asking the same question.

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement