Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inboard Engine Repair

Options
  • 03-04-2023 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, does anyone have any good boat mechanic recommendations to repair a volvo penta engine? I am having trouble finding someone to work on inboards. I am located in the southeast but will travel for someone trustworthy! Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

These are my side of the country but are good guy's https://www.podmarine.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lokoona

They look perfect! No availability for a month or two though :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Yep all boats will be planning to get back in the water after Easter so it's a bit of a high demand to get last-minute jobs done.

True that, what jobs have you had done there in the past? Some of the google reviews look a bit scary! 😮

I do all my own work on my engines, I just see people taking about them on some of the Facebook pages I am on with positive results, I don't think there is much choice when it comes to registered volvo dealerships.

• Advertisement

Thats an idea to join some good facebook groups, any recommendations!

My hat off to you sir, i would love to be mechanically minded!

This is the one I use mostly great info and friendly people, https://www.facebook.com/groups/719948718859357

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colliemcc

Is there anything wrong with the engine or is it just a service that you need done?

Advertisement