Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When girls take money out of their bra to pay for something?

Options
  • 03-04-2023 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

What do you think of this? How are you supposed to react? I had a girl do it to me on the bus the other day... I told her it was the height of rudeness and she just giggled! I held out my bag for her to toss it in to so I wouldn't have to touch it. I even had a lady do it once!

Has anyone else here had to deal with this sort?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,277 ✭✭✭✭endacl

OK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭Allinall

They have tills on buses now? When did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

You held out your sack for her? Disgracefu!

Grow up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Have a sniff of the note first at least.........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Surprisingly this wasn't covered in my etiquette class. Thank you for providing the proper approach. Americans are well used to dealing with it.

https://eu.jacksonville.com/story/news/2009/05/26/dare-to-ask-whats-wrong-with-using-bra-as-a-pu/15984546007/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ketchupmessi63

It's very strange, don't know how it keeps on existing as an "accepted social convention"...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It wouldn't be an issue if manufacturers just put pockets in women's clothes. We want pockets!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Makes pickpocketing interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,761 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Money is filthy so the bigger question is why anyone would want it in their underwear right next to their skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

No one suspects a thing when I place my hand into my trouser pocket to pull out cash, but actually I've removed the pockets, and I'm just reaching into slits in my jeans to pull the money from my jock strap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭niallpatrick

I don't think I've ever seen it, seen some weird sht as I'm sure most of us have involving especially pyjama girls but money in a bra nope never seen it. I have been offered sexual favours instead of cash for local jobs I've done but I like cash not gash but I am hetero, alas hetero and married.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

My Granny was always at it.

I cannot see the problem with it. It is a very safe place to keep wads of cash.

She was a border fox. She used to keep her sterling in her left breast and punts on the right breast. I know this because if we were in say Wellworths it would be right arm in ... and say Dunnes or Quinnsworth she would be in with the left arm. Her technique was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Haven't seen that myself, but I do remember being in Pennies on O'Connell Street in Dublin when the girl in front of me took notes out of her shoe to pay for her items! I thought that was a bit gross and the cashier wasn't too happy about it either. She explained that it was for security. That was over 20 years ago!

When she was collecting from the Post Office, she would have the Irish book on one side, and the British one on the other as well. They went back in along with the cash. Border foxes always had a way of claiming from both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

She'd be into Lisnaskea for the buro.

Canny fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭McSween

Is this some kind of bus(t)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭bmc58

Out of her bra,nah no problem.Now out of somewhere else ,that could be dodgy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

TBH I have never seen this happening...maybe because it’s much less prevalent than supposed by the OP?

Cash is however always very handy - and safe - in times when the banking sector is facing another meltdown. Maybe having one’s money close to one’s tits is prudent when more banks go tits up? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

It is quite common, honestly; I do it myself, and one time the checkout lady at the till in Dunnes smiled and told me that back home in Nigeria, everyone does it. Meaning, everyone who wears a bra, lol.

Yes, as mentioned, it's a very safe place to keep a few notes. Never gets pickpocketed.

Most people barely give a second glance when I produce the money: it is much the same gesture as reaching into the breast pocket of a jacket.

Breast pocket - ho ho ho!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,432 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I work in a shop it doesn't bother me.

One one keeps cash/cards all there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

People still use cash now? It could be worse. They could've pull the notes out of the knickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Oh Puh-Lease. What a nonsensical thread. Boards.ie has hit an all time low. (Shaking head in memory of the good old Boards days). The drivel seen in After Hours & beyond is embarrassing.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I reckon that's the reason why you see so many lads sniffing notes in the privacy of pub toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

I saw something where a fella took car keys out from the sort of fold/pouch in the front of a pair of Y-front underpands, and handed them over to the car's owner.

I can't remember the last time I saw a man taking car keys out of his pocket. But it does happen. Men taking them out of their Y fronts could just be as common, going by my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Only ever saw this happen in the Carry on movies growing up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Lady serving me in a restaurant once had to go away after I produced credit card as she had to swipe it in her lady parts in private.

Cybernetic card-reader implants becoming popular now.

Post edited by ZeroThreat on

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Haven't seen it in years myself, I remember it being pretty common back in the old drinking in a field days

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

better than sock money in fairness

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭POBox19

Hot money. Love it!

Skin is all over the body, does it really matter? Probably a lot cleaner than cash in hand.

Advertisement