Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭boccy23

Obviously no golf to talk about. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Your location isn't 100% precise in a forecast app, etc...really though is it, it covers a wider geographical area than the exact square foot of land you're standing on.

Anyway, whether you agree with me or not, is somewhat irrelevant. I don't think it makes great sense either, I'm just quoting the calculation as per the American National Weather Service

"Meteorologists calculate the Probability of Precipitation (PoP) using a simple formula: PoP = C x A. Where “C” stands for the confidence a forecaster has that rain will occur somewhere in the forecast area, and “A” stands for the percentage of the area where they expect a measurable amount of rain to occur."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Looking forward to this, pity about it being Easter weekend. Winner probably coming from Scotty, Rory, Jon Rahmbo, JT & Morikawa - take your pick.

Will be interesting to see how the weather impacts, wet weather probably leads to lower scores so look for around - 14 ish - Tiger will make the cut, fingers crossed for McLean and all the Irish - hopefully the coverage is good as usually it's crap. Thank god for the app.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Power got a hole in one in the par 3 contest

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Paul McGinley 💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭beeker1

I know , God bless the beeb , those uninterrupted days were great , quality commentary, whatever happened Phil parkes , I've a thing for Taylor Gooch @ 175/1 , I've had some great results on the golf , Gary woodland @ 75/1 for the us open 😀

And followed it up with another one, what's the odds of that!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I can kinda put up with the partners ....but them hitting shots and the stupid kids are doing my head in....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The faffing around with Spieth's kid who can barely walk trying to get him to hit a putt was a bit much. Dont mind the caddies hitting the odd shot. At least they can get on with it

Yes the Spieth ..Thomas group is bullshit...

• Advertisement

Spoeth young lad will never make PGA level...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Motivator

Easter weekend is absolutely brilliant, bank holiday Monday to go and play 18 myself then.

I disagree about woods, poor weather turns it into a bit of a slog with potentially lots of stopping and starting. That won’t suit him at all and it turns it into a longer course which can’t suit him despite how well he still hits it.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭beeker1

John Daly , his college coach told him with a swing like that you'll never make it ! Well , all his X's got rolexes , at a boy wild thing , shows you what they know ! I backed willet @ 66/1 , the year the boy wonder speith had his melt down , that's why it's the best test of golf !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Cut line is top 50 plus ties at The Masters. There is only 88 in the field. Weather today looks fine.

Tiger made the cut last year. He's a year further along in his recovery. PLUS Harrington thinks he'll do well this year.

Here is 40 golfers who will likely struggle to make the cut. I'd take Tiger ahead of any of them.

Taylor Moore

Guillermo Mito Pereira

Louis Oosthuizen

Sergio Garcia

Russell Henley

Bubba Watson

Thomas Pieters

Ryan Fox

Harris English

Cameron Champ

JT Poston

Francesco Molinari

Jason Kokrak

Kevin Na

Harold Varner III

Adam Svensson

Charl Schwartzel

Adrian Meronk

Phil Mickelson

KyoungHoon Lee

Sepp Straka

Mackenzie Hughes

Scott Stallings

Kazuki Higa

Zach Johnson

Kevin Kisner

Aldrich Potgieter

Harrison Crowe

Matthew McClean

Sam Bennett

Ben Carr

Gordon Sargent

Mateo Fernandez de Oliveira

Larry Mize

Bernhard Langer

Fred Couples

Mike Weir

Vijay Singh

Jose Maria Olazabal

Sandy Lyle

Mickelson: There is a guy who wont make the cut. He looks like he drank from the holy grail but chose .....poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Xander10

Tiger's golf is fine. The struggle for him will be walking around. It's very long and much hillier than it appears on TV.

But I wouldn't rule him out making it through the first two rounds.

Interesting comment re chipping no longer being an issue from Padraig.

When you look at someone like Cameron Champ who was top 10 last year, it would certainly seem that way. Guy hits it miles, but as I read recently, his short game is so bad he makes Hovland look like Seve

Is there anywhere that feature group coverage is shown prior to the full live feed kicking in?

McClean with a savage approach to 1st and a handy birdie start

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

With the weather that's coming in this first round is huge.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What channels are showing it (globally)? Sky still showing the Tiger 2019 movie thing, few other channels are just talking about it. Haven't actually found the live golf yet.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,223 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

App or website, its the pinnacle of golf viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Dropped shot for Sandy on the first, could be a long day...

Sky Sport Main Event appears to be showing some coverage, but it's thin on the ground at the moment.

Last time they had the leaderboard up, McClean was the only man on the course under par

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, full coverage is on sky now, so that's my work done for the day 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Lowry still putting like a drain

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Not sure that's fair on drains. Drains are always good at getting stuff into the right hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭Trampas

Let’s have a moment to think of na having to hang around till Sunday in case one of his liv buddies wins

Advertisement