Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hikvision Not Working

Options
  • 31-03-2023 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭

In the parents house, they have cameras hardwired up to the hub. Used to be able to watch on tv and ipad. It no longer works at all on the ipad, and the tv 2 out of four cameras show off line. I would be techy enough and cant figure it out. The guy who installed the whole thing is gone AWOL.

So I can either try and find someone to come in and fix it, OR i could just buy a new system like Eufy or something. The Hikvision system is probably out of date now anyway it would be old. Not sure how much someone would charge me to call out and reset everything.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

If it was on the local network and internet provider was changed or the unit itself is plugged out from router then this could be the reason for the ipad not showing cameras on the app.

If its only for local viewing then you would need to reconnect and connect to local IP address to fix same.

The 2 cameras off line could be any number of reasons, power, baluns not working, camera not working so if you want this fixed then maybe getting an installer to look at it could be the way to go.

He could also fix the above issue.

Advertisement