Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who are still wearing masks in public

Options
  • 30-03-2023 2:35pm

They look like tossers

Post edited by HildaOgdenx on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭RayCon

I couldn't care less. Although I have seen people wearing those plastic face shields. Now they're fcukin stupid. They were useless during the pandemic , never mind now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I would say your opinion in this case reflects more on you than on the person wearing the mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭Xander10

Wouldn't call them tossers.

a lot of, particularly, older persons, were terrified based on govt warnings and scaremongering media, and the scars have left them afraid to trust going out without a mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,764 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Says more about you and your mindset that you are bothered by it to be honest.

Who cares if someone wants to wear a mask in public. I've no problem with it. It's their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,708 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Keep in mind that in some Asian countries such as Japan, people wear face masks to protect others from the infection they have.

Imagine that, being decent enough to wear a mask so you're not spewing your germs all over everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Baybay

Same as anything else, some do, some don’t. Not interfering with anyone else so up to the individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

It's their call. Who knows their state of health or circumstances are? It's affecting nobody else. I'd think more of them for wearing a mask than I would of you having that opinion of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,654 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

It's great stroll through the city centre to see many a young gentleman still staying safe by wearing his mask, covering the majority of his face when entering a retail establishment, and supplementing the 75% safe facial coverage with his Northface hoodie leaving just enough to see when he accosts a member of staff behind the till and politely asks them to empty it "or else.."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭crossman47

I met a neighbour in my local shop today wearing one. He has a seriously compromised daughter so I'm sure hes doing his best to protect her. Very far from being a tosser, hes a caring parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭niallpatrick

I wear them in shops supermarkets the chemists, I'm practically all my mum has able to get her essentials and she's on the high risk category for infections. I don't wear them on the street but if I look like a tosser thats fair enough but if I come down with anything there is nobody to help out myself or wife. People can say they'd help but the devil is in the detail, a small gesture such as a mask can make a big difference. Anyone who is on their own knows how scary it can be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

That's very true, but that isn't what is happening in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,708 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've seen plenty of Asian people walking around with masks on and kind of half assume that's the reason. There were Asian people walking around with masks on here before the pandemic.

Or is this whole thread an 'Asian-less' observation? 😁

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Thread closed.

There's a whole section of CA devoted to coronavirus, including a mask wearing thread.

Feel free to continue the discussion there.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I'm still wearing a mask on public transport. Will be until after Easter.

I really don't care what others think of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement