Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Force someone to take over a farm

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,236 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

It’s rather unlikely He’s getting paid cash from any beef /dairy or sheep farmer. Land rental is a fully tax deductible expense. Marts, factories and the dept of agriculture monies are all paid by cheque or bank deposit. Farming is well caught in the tax net and a farmer would be mad to draw cash and pay land rent with it.

I

• Registered Users Posts: 11,132 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I had to double check the date cause after reading OP I was sure it was the 1st of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

By all means, go right ahead, but that still won't solve your problem of whoever owns the stock not keeping them fenced in properly.

You seriously do need to either talk to them, or else put up fences/gates yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Maybe worth pointing out that even this post which shows more sympathy to OP than most others points out that the animal owner is responsible for keeping them under control. It really is that person that you need to speak to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Bangoverthebar

In reference to cattle breaking in. I had a break out 2 years ago. A home owner cornered the cattle to prevent an accident on the road. Rang the dept of ag with tag no and the dept rang me.

I trailered cattle home and my insurance paid towards a bit of landscaping. I droped up a bottle of gin as the land is on an N road.

Its the cattle owners issue not the land owner in my opinion. And reporting people to Gardai and revenue etc is not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Also I'd make sure I was squeaky clean before reporting anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,690 ✭✭✭endainoz

The thread escalated quickly from asking some nonsense about legally forcing someone to farm to reporting them to revenue for tax they apparently aren't paying.

OP clearly has an axe to grind against the landowner but ranting on boards won't fix anything. Yes lads can be careless with fencing, and should obviously keep their boundaries stock proof but I fear there's much more to this story than your letting on.

The idea of forcing someone to farm "legally" gave me a good laugh though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ok I think our poster has got enough advice so far, closing this one and if anyone wants it reopened drop me a PM.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement