Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confusion Regarding GSM-Q Sim

Options
  • 29-03-2023 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I looking for advice please. I have a gsm-q on my HKC Alarm it has a world sim and I pay HKC 60 euro a year.

I just got another gsm-q from good will and was going to attach to my mothers Alarm. This has no sim

My Question is the 60 euro a year I pay to HKC is that for use of the sim or use of the service?

If I add my own Sim will I still have to pay HKC the 60 a year for the service?

Also what sim do people recommend and how much credit would I get away with a month?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

I would say its a security and risk sim you have in the GSM-Q, its another part of HKC which looks after sims and Securecomm App.

They do charge for the sim.

You can also use your own sim card in the GSM-Q, it needs to be a 2G sim to send texts.

Its getting harder to get them but Vodafone do a tri sim that is 2-3-4G

You need to check this with whoever you use for this sim card.

Advertisement