Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was this an unusually cold winter?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Athletes view! Fit, strong & healthy and your dead right, it was a warm winter, probably suitable conditions for people like you that build up lots of heat in the core when running & appreciate a bit of cold! (I'm East Coast Dublin too)

However last spring/winter I had to drive the kids to creche/school four times because of dreadful weather, this spring/winter it was a shocking 13 times, lots of heavy rain, night dampness, rain & wind chill. As astute, observant gardeners like @MayoForSam, @Cornerstonelad, @pad199207 & @OldRio have attested, it's not been good for regular crops that can normally survive deep cold. My herb garden is a disaster this year, normally I'd be reaping the benefits but our amateur herb garden is very slow to start this year & the sunflowers all died after introduction to the garden.

Along with that, myself and the kids would normally be in the sea a lot earlier than this time of the year, we're only starting our surf season now with their lack of body fat, even with the best wetsuits, hoodies, booties, gloves etc... unlike you, no matter how hard we limber & warm up, there's a good bit of floating around in the water or standing on the beach waiting for conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

I don’t think this winter just past was particularly cold. It was one of the quietist winters with no named storms by Met Eireann along with their UK and Dutch counterparts.

Advertisement