Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dance

Options
  • 27-03-2023 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭

Bit of a long shot maybe, does anyone else use dance as their main form of fitness/exercise? I know adult classes of various different types of dance are popular but there's no dance forum here that I could find.

I struggled to find any type of exercise that I would be motivated to continue so I tried adult Irish dancing classes 3 years ago which were over Zoom, 18 years after I left dancing. I moved organisation in order to compete against adults and now I'm adjusting to longer class hours and trying to practice more.

I don't cross-train as such and don't do anything else for strength, I might have to revisit this as I've gotten stronger since upping hours but it's unbalanced! Dance is fantastic for core and other exercises I do focus on increasing flexibility and ankle strength and mobility. I'm cautious of injury, the impact and loading mean overuse injuries are common but breaks and sprains can happen too so anything to avoid this is key.

Happy to help anyone who might be interested in taking up Irish dance - it caters for every level and beginners! But interested in hearing from anyone in any form of dance.

Advertisement