Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 for commuting 2 days a week

Options
  • 24-03-2023 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

hi

I could be starting a new job in the next month or so.

What's the M50 like for commuting these times?

My commute would be entering at Red Cow exit and exiting at Swords (exit 4 from M1)

I would be travelling around 8am....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Varies from day to day, depending on the week, day of the week, weather and generally traffic conditions on the surrounding roads. If you start at 9am in Swords, I'd give myself 45-60 min to commute. Summer time maybe 35 min. Bad weather, during school time and not the lucky day (re traffic accidents etc), it can be unpredictable, and could take 70-90 min, however, that doesn't happen every day. M50 if unpredictable and you'd need to check traffic conditions as soon as you wake up, to know if you have time for breakfast and shower ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,842 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's a lottery. All it takes is one prang to bring the whole thing to a crashing halt.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Turkish1

You'll be fine. I have been doing a similar commute (on at Tallaght and off at exit 4 on the M1) for about 5 years. It will vary day to day but generally speaking leaving at c. 8am it would take me about 40minutes. The return (I usually leave Swords at some stage between 4.45 and 5.15) takes maybe extra 5-10mins. From about Ballymun to just before Blanch exit tends to be the worst part of it. One you pass there its clear sailing for the most part.

Yes there are crashes on a fairly frequent basis but unless it is a significant incident it will only add 10-15mins to the journey.

Going the opposite direction ie Southbound in the morning looks like an absolute disaster - I wouldn't be surprised if the average time was twice that.

Advertisement