Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a medical alert device?

Options
  • 24-03-2023 2:39pm

I’ve recently started developing a serious neurological condition with progressing loss of mobility, and which is being investigated as possible MS. I live alone and had a bad fall which rendered me unconscious, ended up being hospitalised for 2 weeks, to be followed up by the neurologist before a firm diagnosis can be given.

Was with my GP this morning and he said it’s imperative I get a medical alert device that I wear, so that I can alert somebody in case of being immobilised by a fall. My next door neighbour a a cousin in the vicinity both have keys for my apartment. I have an iPhone 14 Pro.

I am looking for advice as to the best device out there where I could easily alert the people with keys and/or the emergency services. Would an Apple Watch be the most appropriate device or are there better alternatives?

Comments

Advertisement