Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does credit card affects your credit score (mortgage)

Options
  • 22-03-2023 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all, long story short, I’m in process of applying for mortgage. 

My problem is that I went over limit on credit card several times (I was stupid) but always made payments on time, will this get me denied?

I have had several loans in recent years including car loan and I never missed any payment on them. In last 6 months I have paid all outstanding loans and credit cards and I have no debt right now. (And I closed 1 credit card which I didn't used) I was also heavily saving for last 6 months(way above mortgage payment) Do I have chance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Loans and cards aren't a problem, without them you wouldn't have a credit history. From what you hear a good credit history is one with loans and cards which were always serviced. I imagine even going over the limit once or twice isn't too bad. As long as you didn't miss repayments or had cards maxxed out for long periods making only minimum payments I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amobile

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭redlough

Going over the limit the odd time is not a problem

Non payment of loans etc are a bigger issue

Or not paying off a credit card

While applying why not ask the bank do they do a credit card with 0% interst for a period if you transfer the balance? that will help pay it off

Advertisement