Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying new builds

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭skinny90

Thanks for that…but do snaggers check for acoustic insulation in the interior walls? Given we are getting them to put it in I want to make sure it’s checked

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Chiliconkeni

Sorry to hijack this, looking for some advice.

We recently bought a new build - signed contracts and have paid deposits. Now waiting for snagging which should be next week. We noted that there are railings across from two of our side bay windows from our boundary wall. It's tricky to explain, but our house is a corner site, but the side of our house is on a slightly lower elevation than the road. We knew that there would be a hill on the road but didn't know they would put railings that are nearly 11 feet tall right outside our kitchen window. For context on the other side, we have a three foot wall in front garden between us and our neighbour.

The EA is no longer much use to us, and instead, they have passed us on to the Sales Exec from the Builders. Can we ask for anything here to help make it look a bit better, or for some greenery to be added, or even railings lowered or do we just suck it up? Happy to just get on with it, but if there was a way we could get some help with this from builders that would be great. I don't even know how you would go about speaking to the foreman or anything. I would love to know the best tactic you think we should try just to make it a bit nicer, less prison-like!

Advertisement