Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC false alarm due to Communication Fault

Options
  • 20-03-2023 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I have an HKC SW 10270 4.3.0 with wired only sensors. It has 3 PIRs (P50, P51 and P52).

The alarm frequently trips due to Dev CommFlt error, usually for both P50 and P52, even when arming PartSetA only. I checked in the engineering menu these 2 PIRs are not in the active Part Set and that they're wired (so RF/battery issues can be ruled out)

A couple of questions:

1. Is it the expected behaviour for the alarm to fire on CommFlt issues with PIRs which are not in the active part set
    2. What else can I do to troubleshoot this issue (besides calling an installer/replace the PIRs). Is it possible to reboot/reset the system without a factory reset?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

The comms fault is the device taking to the panel or not talking as is your case. This would activate the alarm as its a comms issue.

Can you check connections in the panel and device.

I would double up on the cores used for the data on these devices.

What that means is if you have blue used as the data cable then add the yellow at panel and sensor end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 apollomacus

I haven't tampered with the panel or PIRs.

Note that the alert fires after more than 1 hour since arming the alarm and the PIRs seem to work properly (eg. light up when detecting presence)

Given this information, I would guess it's unlikely that the PIRs are both faulty, but rather there's an issue on the panel end reading the inputs.

I'm not sure how I could check the connections in the panel since the the panel seems to be rigidly fitted into the wall.. ( photo below)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

The fault is indicating that the system can not see the device, comms fault.

It could be the cable to the device, it could be the sensor, it could also be the backup battery.

The keypad above it not where the cables off the PIRs would be going back to, it has a main control panel, white box bigger than a A4 sheet.

As above, Id check data cable to the devices and double up on the cores if possible.

Even swap the sensor you know is good and see if that trips the alarm when set.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 apollomacus

Ah I see, that makes total sense, I was fearing that inputs are connected directly to the keypad panel.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll follow up on it!

Advertisement