Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Recent BBC Frequency Changes

Options
  • 19-03-2023 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭

10773 H 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK

BBC Two Northern Ireland HD

BBC Parliament HD

BBC One North East and Cumbria HD

BBC One North West HD

10788 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK

BBC Red Button HD

BBC Scotland HD

BBC One Channel Islands HD

BBC One West HD

BBC One South West HD

10818 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK

BBC One London HD

CBeebies HD

BBC Two Wales HD

BBC Four HD

BBC One East HD

BBC One East Midlands HD

10847 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK

BBC Two HD

BBC One North Ireland HD

CBBC HD

BBC Three HD

BBC One South East HD

BBC One Yorkshire & Lincolnshire HD

11024 H 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK

BBC News HD

BBC One Wales HD

BBC One Scotland HD

BBC One West Midlands HD

BBC Alba HD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SD & Radio Stations

10803 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

BBC One

BBC Two

BBC Three

BBC Four (19:00 - 04:00)

BBC Scotland

BBC Alba

BBC News

BBC Parliament

BBC Red Button 1

CBBC (07:00 - 19:00)

CBeebies UK (06:00 - 19:00)

BBC Radio 1

BBC Radio 1Xtra

BBC Radio 2

BBC Radio 3

BBC Radio 4 FM

BBC Radio 4 LW

BBC Radio 4 Extra

BBC Radio 5 Live

BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra

BBC Radio 6 Music

BBC World Service UK

BBC Radio Wales

BBC Radio Cymru

BBC Radio Cymru 2

BBC Radio Scotland

BBC Radio Nan Gàidheal

BBC Radio Ulster

BBC Radio Foyle

BBC Radio London

BBC Radio Asian Network

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

Thank you.

Many thanks for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Morris Code

Yej-Brilliant Gerry -Thanks for doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Thanks for that list.

I have an Amiko combibox.

I did a blind scan and that retrieved all the BBC radio and TV channels that had disappeared as well as some others like Talking Pictures and various ITVs.

Be sure to instruct the scan not to download any pay to view channels. That cuts down the number of channels by about 1,000 !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Even easier (and faster) just to do single transponder scans

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Just one BBC One variant missing from the OP, as it's not on a BBC TP

BBC One South HD - 12168 V 27500 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Just a thought,could the freq changes be related to the problems some are having on the thread relating to older Sky+ HD boxes,and in particular,older LNBs not coping with these changes? Thanks.

Express newspaper and elsewhere saying Sky may offer free upgrades to customers with Sky+HD boxes nor liking the freq changes. This means free Sky Q box? As BBC discontinue SD transmissions seems a number of older boxes,listed in the article,may no longer work. Those folk who are not customersmay fing the box no longer receives a signal,with on screen displays reading No signal,wait for box to initialise.

Sorry if this is old news,haven't visited this site in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I thought Sky offered free upgrades several years ago in an effort to get rid of HD boxes completely. I could be wrong though.

This problem only came to light here about 3 weeks ago when BBC disappeared. Will folk have to sign up to another 18 month contract to get a "Free" Q box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

The BBC changes happened last March. Other stations use similar settings so that is not the problem. A more likely scenario is simply that the box is old and has failing components. As for Sky free upgrades; they knew some older SD boxes would not cope with the new settings and offered to upgrade them for customers. This was A) because they knew they would have to change them anyway eventually and B) as a marketing ploy to take advantage of the hype over the BBC upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

In the most recent push to get customers to switch to a Q box ,Sky agents have contacted Sky HD box customers saying that are about to lose BBC 1 and 2 , the script continues with the line that Sky have lost the rights to BBC on their Sky HD boxes....

Obviously this is not the case with only the SD channels due to close shortly.

In this case,the lady was not told she would lose any channels,only that there was an offer to upgrade involving another 18 month contract.

No analogue audio output from Q boxes is a serious disadvantage in this setup.

The insidious part of all this is how many folk called and paid for "an Engineer" when they called Sky to report "No sig"? When in fact there was a signal that Sky had changed and the box wouldn't initialise with?

It's not a big deal to get round this as most of you know with an older lnb which will handshake with the box, I've done it,but Sky are obviously very keen to offload this old technology with Glass and stream available.

The doc of Steve Jobs is interesting,he with long hair many decades ago declaring that "The future of television is on the Net"

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

I've been looking at this but my transponder seems to only go as far as 22000 unfortunately. Is this a limitation of my lnb or the TV. My TV isn't that old.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

What software are you running on the tuner?

Is it factory installed or have you changed the image?

I seem to remember finding this hard to locate on an old OpenVix install, but it was a few years ago.

It is dictated by the software of whatever you are using. If you have an option to manually "add a transponder" you may be able to enter the settings there. Otherwise see if there is updated software available for your TV. The 23000 setting is used by several stations / TPs now which is why I mentioned the ITV HDs. They also use 23000. Likewise many of the news channels, CNN, NHK, France 24, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Thanks for all that.

It's a smart TV, it updated itself fairly regularly, if this has anything to do with transponders, I'm not sure. I do get a list . O, now I see the + sign...FFS..pardon the French...lol, will see what happens here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Lost BBC Four a while ago. Couldn't see 10803 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK noted above on the system - Edision box. Rescanned at the weekend after finding this link https://ewsat.com/bbc-four-tv-channel-frequency-astra-2e/, now have over 1,400 channels.

That article dates to 2017. 10803 mentioned above is the temporary SD channels which will stop early next year.

BBC4HD is on 10818 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK after 19:00

This lists all available FTA channels https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

Hello I have an LG Smart TV, when I perform a manual retune of channels I get a long list of frequencies, however I don't see any frequencies listed with 23000.

There is a mix of 22000, 23500 , 27500, 29700. Has anyone been able to tune in BBC HD channels via an LG TV?

BTW I'm trying to tune in BBC HD channels before the 8th of January cut off Date.

Jonathan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

Apologies I just found a transponder edit section and I am able to adjust an existing preset from 22k to 23k.

All good

BBC Radio seem to be setting up to migrate off the temporary SD transponder.

10773 H, 23000, 3/4, DVB-S2, 8PSK

"6339"____BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra

"6340"____BBC Radio 1 Extra

"6383"____BBC Radio Cymru 2

"6389"____BBC Radio London

10788 V, 23000, 3/4, DVB-S2, 8PSK

"10332"____BBC Radio Cymru

"10336"____BBC Radio 6 Music

"10339"____BBC Radio 4 Extra

"10340"____BBC Radio World Service

11024 H, 23000, 3/4 DVB-S2, 8PSK

"8961"____BBC Radio 1

"8962"____BBC Radio 2

"8963"____BBC Radio 3

"8964"____BBC Radio 4

"8965"____BBC Radio 5 Live

"8966"____BBC Asian Radio

More BBC Radio news

10818 V, 23000, 3/4, DVB-S2, 8PSK

"10367"____BBC Radio Ulster

"10368"____BBC Radio Foyle

"10377"____BBC Radio 4 LW

Info from Digiman and kjhskj75 on DS

All 20 BBC radio stations are now testing on S2 TPs ahead of the 8th January SD shutdown

https://en.kingofsat.net/radio-28.2E.php

..and the final 3 BBC Radio migrations

10847 V, 23000, 3/4, DVB-S2, 8PSK

6985____BBC Radio Scotland

6986____BBC Radio nan Gàidheal

6987____BBC Radio Wales

None of those radio stations are on Sky EPG over here and have nothing to do the BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭waywill1966

Freesat viewers will lose them too!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭lgs 4

Yes! Sky ,Freesat .They are staying on Freeview .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It's not coming up as 23000 for me, only 22000. Box is a bit all over the shop with 1,600 channels.

Advertisement