Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewiring grant for existing buildings

Options
  • 16-03-2023 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has ever gone for this grant, is it worth while going for it or are specs etc so high that it’s a waste of time? Also can you get any registered Electrician to do it or do they have to be on an approved list for these grants aswell, not a major job I’m thinking of doing just lighting in 2 sheds and a few sockets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Yeah got a shed rewired under it a few years ago. Just any reci electrician can do it afaik.

Worked out well money wise too. I’ve never regretted doing a grant job. It makes you go that extra bit further.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭lmk123

Good man thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭onrail

What scheme is this lads? TAMS? I've a couple of sheds badly in need of rewiring that the aul fella has flatly refused to get done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It's down at the bottom of the list under farm safety. It will not be great for a small job.

It's a little less than 250+ vat per 20' wide standard bay. If it a for bay shed it's would be a great help or where you want to do a number of sheds maybe. For small jobs it will not be as helpful.

Other issues remember any shed being rewired will have to have planning.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

I did it back in 2015,was a safety grant at the time, got calving gates and all the old sheds rewired new lights, and a shed I was after putting up, got 40% back on it, well worth it

• Advertisement
Advertisement