Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over-Pronator (Brooks) race day shoe?

Options
  • 13-03-2023 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Currently wear Books Glycerin GTS 20's, really good shoe for long runs &training but for race days is there a shoe in the Brook's stable that is tailored for speed for overpronators?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

The whole pronation thing is a marketing gimmick. As someone who went for gait analysis which confirmed I over pronate a few years ago I speak from experience. I spent 2 years running in stability shoes until I read that research has shown no difference in injury levels or performance when pronators wear stability or neutral shoes. Now I just wear what feels comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

I used wear stability shoes too but have moved away from them and go with comfort now really. Do you mean carbon plated or just a fast shoe? The Brooks Launch was supposed to be their kind of stable faster shoe a couple of years ago. I used wear it for faster training runs. In terms of Carbon plated type shoes, none of them are designed as stability shoes as such but some brands are more stable than others and some models are more stable than others. Also, some of them feel very unstable at a jog but the faster you run the more stable or more comfortable they feel. The Saucony Endorphin Speed and Pro 3’s would be more stable than Nike Vaporflies or Alphaflies (though they aren’t too bad). From what I remember the Brooks Hyperion weren’t that stable according to reviews. ASICS and Adidas have race shoes too. Worth reading reviews on all of them to see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Conjack76

Appreciate the feedback, interesting on the necessity at all for a stability shoe!!! that's a few times I've heard that now. A bit to ponder.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

I've also moved away from pronation shoes and haven't had any I'll effects.

Certainly for a race day shoe it should be a consideration imo. Do look at some race shoes and see which ones get reviews as being more stable at that night suit you best e.g. endorphin pro 3, Adidas pro 3 and puma see to get reviews that they are stable, in relative terms, for race shoes

Advertisement