Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid Phone Bill - Credit Rating?

Options
  • 10-03-2023 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Good afternoon everyone. Just a quick one, that someone might be able to help with

I had a contract with 3 which expired last October. I've been out of Ireland since September and I didn't renew my bill but haven't used the phone since leaving. I arrived home this week to see I owe over €300. I never stated that I wanted to continue or gave permission to keep billing me after my contract expired.

I have tried called 3 but they're adamant that it's a rolling contract until I tell them to cancel.

What happens if I don't pay? Do I get a bad credit rating?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

You had a fixed term contract. Fixed term ended, but the contract didn't as none of the parties expressed that they wanted to end the contract. You owe them money. Don't be cheeky and pay your bills. Next time be an adult and manage your life better.

State of this post.

OP you won’t have your CCR record affected but the networks (Eir, Three & Vodafone) operate what they call “Credit Insights” where they share information about bad accounts.

If you do not pay Three you will find it impossible to ever be on contract with them again and indeed may find it impossible with Eir or Voda. That said they’ll have reported all of the non payments up to now also so you’re dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t.

Advertisement