Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever got Covid while travelling/touring?

Options
  • 09-03-2023 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭

I've been wondering what do people generally do when they're away from home, travelling, being a tourist somewhere etc and become symptomatic with COVID. In other cases you would just go/stay home and self-isolate until you tested negative or 5-10 days had passed, but if you're like staying in a hotel or something and are nowhere near home, how does that work? Obviously you'd have good grounds to cancel any onward travel plans by plane or train or whatever and look for a refund in time, but does your hotel have to let you isolate in the room you've been in?

Has anyone had this problem and how is it normally handled?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Anyone with an ounce of sense would say nothing & carry on as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 WaterWipes

Say nothing and carry on.

That's what I did... why bring that grief on yourself?

If there's no requirement to declare covid any more, why give it even a second thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Jazz Hands

do people even test for covid anymore?

If I’m fit enough to travel I would travel weather I have a cold, flu or covid.

If im unfit to travel I wouldn’t.

Post edited by Jazz Hands on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Oh yeah, definitely, self isolate. Don't leave your hotel room. Even if you end up overstaying. Refuse to leave. Until at least ten days have passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

No, and i have travelled quite a lot and will continue to do so 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Nope. .hope you got sorted out

Advertisement