Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site not loading/showing right on Safari/MacOS

Options
  • 07-03-2023 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭

Like the title says. By and large everything works but there are just a couple of things not quite right. OS is MacOS Ventura, latest Safari.

Examples: top menu bar, this is Chrome

This is Safari. Regional' and 'Followed Forums' are just not there.

Then for instance I go into 'Topics' and under Chrome everything is fine but with Safari its just empty. 'Talk to...' strangely enough is fine.

Whihc is really annoying to not have for navigation.

I emptied caches and everything else, signed back out/in. No changes. Any ideas anyone?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,070 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I can't recreate this in Chrome. Can you check the settings -> developer tools -> network tab, and with that open, reload the page. Then see if anything is giving any 4xx or 5xx errors?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Thanks, but no, Chrome is fine. It's my reference for how I think it should look like. Firefox is fine too.

Safari is the problem. So I did the same with Safari and yes a good few 403s, control checks missed etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,070 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So a load of items are being blocked due to ACAO usage. Safari may not be the most popular, but this should work and be supported just fine. It'll be one for Vanilla to fix. @Boards.ie: Mike you'll need to raise this one.

Thanks for this. Yes Safari may not be the most popular but what makes it great on MacOS is the keychain integration. It's my main browser for years and I can't fault it for anything.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

Thanks Spear,

Ill raise a ticket with them on this.

• Advertisement

It looks be on the smilewanted.com side, they're the ones not allowing the Origin header with boards.ie in it, I don't know if Vanilla are responsible for them.

Looked at it again tonight and my side bar for 'Topics' loaded. Fewer 403s, too. What you see below is all of them.

Also 'Regional' is now appearing at the top menu bar, but now this one is empty on the side bar. Which is an improvement from before when 'Regional' wasnt there at all at the top.

I assume no changes have been made yet. My html/js/browser know-how is pretty limited, but I imagine I would be able to work the inspector, pull logs etc if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 10,464 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Have you any extensions installed in Safari? I don't think the boards site has any links to prebid.smilewanted.com. This looks like something an extension is doing

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

No, no extensions at all.

Don't waste time on it, could be anything and it's not a big deal. I get by without the menu bar.

It's just strange and I thought it was worth asking. Thanks!

Advertisement