Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change out of Aritech shock/sensor

Options
  • 06-03-2023 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

I've a faulty zone, with a patio door shock/sensor, most likely the culprit, with kids slamming door all the time. I believe existing sensor is the Aritech GS623, not sure if they are still available.

I've a spare HKC shock/sensor, wondering if ok to directly swap that sensor in place of the Aritech one, mounted on horizontal, see pic attached below.

If ok to stick in the HKC horizontally, plan is for red (inertia) wiring to be connected to terminals 1 and 6, with the black (Contact) wiring connected to terminals 2 & 5 of HKC sensor.

Can someone advise if this is ok to do and wiring correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes it is, just make sure arrow on side of sensor head points towards the ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

Wired up (see pic 0429) and door shock element working ok (arrow up), however contact not, zone remaining closed when I open the door. Per pic, I've not replaced the Ariston magentic bar. The zone is showing closed, but also remains closed even when I open windows on same zone, so confused what's the root cause here as presume the loop would always be fail open, so window in same zone should trigger open zone anyway even if door contact not working? I rebooted the system (Vanderbilt), same issue. Likely something stupid I've done I know (or is the sensor installed without a reed switch, which may cause this?)

You have closed up the loop the way it is wired.

Red Black, same cable, (1 + 2) Black, Red, same cable (5+6).

By same cable I mean there are 2 cables 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

Similar to Waesjford's issue, I have a HKC system that's giving me a Tamper Fault in Zone 3. The alarm system will not set. I have four wired Aritech GS610? sensors in Zone 3 (see attached pic)

In trying to isolate the offending sensor, I short-circuited the 2 active terminals together (top & bottom - green and blue) - one sensor at a time, but the panel still shows a Zone 3 Tamper fault. I do have the Eng code.

I'd appreciate any input you might have to solve.

Thanks!

There is resistors somewhere for that zone so you need to find that if you want to just isolate the tamper side of the circuit.

Posable in the control panel itself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement