Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet Rerstaurant

Options
  • 02-03-2023 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend a restaurant in Limerick that's relatively quiet; that the way it is set up is not too loud, in terms of hustle and bustle, etc.

Would like to bring mother somewhere but she does suffer badly from Tinnitus and so just wondering if anyone has a similar query.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Perhaps the restaurant at One Pery Square might be worth checking out? It's not huge and rather softly furnished so don't think it's particularly loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭chases0102

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

Perhaps another one of the hotels?

Castletroy Park comes to mind. I think they serve food outside of the bar - in the open area past reception? Or the Absolute Hotel? Or the George Hotel? Deffo avoid city restaurants, at peak times. If the music isn't blaring - some kids iPad usually is! LOL

Or take a spin a little outside the city? Wife and I popped into 'Vines' at the Ballyneety Golf Club (10min out of city) for a bite recently. Lovely spot on a bright day (views of the surrounding areas and course). Easy parking. Could always head out to Lough Gur for a stroll/spin afterward. Nice and relaxed.

Speaking of Lough Gur - we popped into Reardons (bar) in Holycross (20 mins) for grub last weekend. Place was very dated looking BUT the fire was on, the food was good (take way dinners were flying out the door) and the place was so quiet I could hear the full conversation at the far side table opposite me!

I think the key is - avoid (most) city restaurants. Piped loud music seems to be the norm!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

French table is another that would be fairly quiet. Particularly lunch time mid week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Advertisement
Advertisement