Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound bar won't connect fully to new TV

Options
  • 01-03-2023 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi. I'm a long time reader of Boards but this is my first post (I think). My issue is that I have an LG SN7Y sound bar that is not properly connecting to my Samsung QN90B TV. I had this sound bar hooked up to my last TV (also Samsung) without any issues. The strange thing is that when I play movies on bluray the sound plays through the sound bar at DTS quality, so for blurays it's working grand. For some reason though when using the inbuilt apps on the TV such as Netflix, Prime and Disney, the sound is only coming through as PCM. I thought that the cables that I had used to hook up my old TV to the sound bar might be the issue so I bought new cables but still no joy. I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Real Madra

I see that years ago I had previously posted 21 times which I had completely forgotten about, so ignore the part about it being my first post!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I presume you're using HDMI to connect the soundbar? Could it just be the settings that have not been changed on the new tv for the native apps, or can you connect the blue ray to pass through the soundbar?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Real Madra

There's a HDMI cable connecting the bluray player to the sound bar and then a second HDMI cable connects the sound bar to the Earc socket at the back of the TV. As far as I can see the settings on the TV are correct. It would make more sense to me if the sound was not right for blurays but the fact that that is working correctly when the sound for the built in apps on the TV is not, is wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gomezepor

I have a similar problem with the same soundbar and the same samsung model, have you managed to solve it? Thanks!

Advertisement