Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Kelehans Bar Bushypark still being reopened?

Options
  • 24-02-2023 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Anyone know when this place is supposed to be opening again. I saw the announcement, but their Facebook/Insta pages have not changed in months, and their doesn't really seem to be any work happening. Not even a skip. I hope its still happening, as it would be great for the area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭what_traffic

I passed it on Tuesday and there were 2/3 vans (with trade livery on them )

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Papa Doble

Fair enough, anytime I passed it looked quiet. Good to hear there is something happening.

I am not a good yardstick, don't pass it regular enough at all. Need somebody from Dangan / Bushypark who lives nearby to give ya the low down on it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I passed by it this morning and there were about four vans outside, lights on inside, obvious renovation work going on etc.

I hope whoever is running it does really well, ever since the Westwood closed down this side of town is really lacking in food and drink services.

• Advertisement

That's great news. Yea, the nearest places are the Glenlo and Sliding Rock. Hopefully its opened during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I heard rumours that it is targeted for St. Patrick's reopening. Definitely trades vans there every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Saw an ad on Indeed earlier in the week for a Sous Chef there so soon I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gal22

There is a notice on their Instagram page that they are opening on St. Patrick's day from 12:30 :-). Drinks only, no food. Low key announcement, guess official opening will be a few weeks when fully up and running.

I don't see that notification on Instagram....will be driving by shortly and will confirm 😅

• Advertisement

I am sitting in the pub drinking a delicious pint of stout 😌 quite a few here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Off topic posts deleted

So whats the verdict Papa Doble? Has it changed much inside? Was it closed for just over 10yrs?

I was only in it once briefly prior to it closing, so I am not really in a position to do a compare and contrast. I think it was closed in 2014, not sure though.

The bar staff was tested on Paddy's day, took a while to get a drink as the place was pretty full. Wont hold that against them though, as the same could be said for most pubs in Ireland.

Still a bit of renovating to be completed I would imagine. Paint out the front, few leaks in the beer garden area as it was lashing rain etc. All in all though, looks well inside, good vibe.

Someone mentioned its owned by the same people that own Seven. Hopefully they get the Trad Sessions going again.

Thumbs up from me!

Ya for sure a baptism of fire having opening day on St. Patricks Day.

Hope it is a success for them. Great for the local area.

The thread title can be renamed!

Yip, was there Saturday night.

Very open planned compared to before. Was nice and hope it succeeds.

Bar staff couldn't keep up with demand.

Band playing in back room had music piped all over. Was deafening along with terrible acoustics set up. Not the band's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I wish pubs would cop on to this. Taylors started doing it a while back. People come to pubs for different reasons, some are to hear tunes, other have a chat etc. It's really unfair to bands to have their stuff piped to rooms where they aren't playing. I hope they see reason and keep different areas for different vibes. Look forward to seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

There is a school of thought among some pub owners that louder music fulfils two purposes:

1) it gets people to sit/stand closer together, to be able to hear one another, so you can fit more people in a given space.

2) if it's less comfortable to chat you spend more time with your glass to your mouth, finishing your drinks more quickly, therefore spending goes up.

Shite quality of the acoustic system didn't help.

Appears to be closed again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,676 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Good Friday may not be the best day of the year to gauge a pub's trading status.

Didn't say it was closed specifically today. For the benefit of other readers, it appears closed all week and I have heard same.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭39steps

It has definitely been closed all week ...

The image which comes to mind with that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Any update ? It hasn't opened in awhile , I pass most days and it looks terrible now with half a paint job and the plastic covering the windows left flapping

Haven't been there since Patrick's day, since I heard it was closed. Someone told me that it was opened briefly very recently again, with one barman, and it was carnage. Not sure if that is true or not. Was there actaully a fire hazard issue? Its all a bit arseways.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

All the social media pages have been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭theintern

Anyone hear any update on this? Was looking forward to going in and checking it out, but haven't seen any activity there in weeks. The social media pages being deleted seems pretty worrying for the whole venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Still closed as of yesterday when I passed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

No issue confirmed, but hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Advertisement