Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ticket resale price ticketmaster

Options
  • 23-02-2023 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

why do ticketmaster charge extra for ticket resale tickets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Coz maybe they are gougers who aren't actually about the fans?

Buy or flog on toutless or ticketswap.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,532 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It’s like the oul question about why does the dog lick his balls.

Because they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

So they can make even MORE money.

I tried selling tickets on Resale recently. After a month, they still hadn't shifted. Checked ticketmaster and they weren't even visible to buyers! Contacted TM and was told if you're selling General Admission, ONLY the cheapest will show.

I get that any buyer would want the cheapest available (I know I would!), but very unfair that not all listings are displayed. A buyer could want multiple tickets but is led to believe only 1 is available on Resale, even if more are hidden at a different price. Kinda drives the buyer back to ticketmaster.

AND forces sellers to lower their prices (in a blind underbidding war), to be the one on display. But ticketmaster still add their commission...

Excuse the rant, but 2 months later and I'm still in a mood about it

Advertisement