Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Integrating Cameras with HomeSecure alarm

Options
  • 22-02-2023 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hey

I was talking to homeSecure today, enquiring about adding their cameras to my system. For an internal one, its €49 with a €3 monthly fee. I know this is overpriced for the camera, but if I could integrate it with my security system, great. I was looking to get the internal cameras to face out on the street, so homeSecure could actually verify if a alarm trigger was actually a break in.

Turns out, the €3 fee is a camera maintenance fee, they don't actually monitor the camera feed. Firstly, that's nuts. Has anyone added home security cameras they can recommend? In the event of an alarm trip, can I review the camera footage while on the phone with homeSecure before they contact my additional contact, and the guards? Maybe I'm overthinking an alarm accidentally tripping. I usually wouldn't set the alarm it when I'm away, only when I'm home.

thanks!

Comments

Advertisement