Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Richard Belzer

Options
  • 20-02-2023 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭

Had what must be the unique distinction of playing the same character for over twenty years across multiple tv series starting with Homicide life on the street.

🙈🙉🙊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Couldn't bother me arse to look him up. Would've clicked a link though.

I've a soft spot for Law & Order: SVU. Of the zillions of long-running police shows, it's my fave. Sad to read this.

Christopher Meloni and Ice-T tweeted lovely tributes to him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Instantly recognisable from the link but I didn't know his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Heard about his passing yesterday, had no idea who he was by his real name, soon as they said “Munch?”, instantly knew.

I could’ve sworn he started in Law & Order for the many times he and Lenny appeared together, but they were crossover episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Good age but sad nonetheless. Homicide is one of my favourite shows so would remember him more from that than anything else. The original Law & Order a bit too. The only character to appear on 11 different TV shows, played by the same actor (thank you wikipedia).

On March 27, 1985, days prior to the inaugural WrestleMania, Belzer requested on his cable TV talk show Hot Properties that Hulk Hogan demonstrate one of his signature wrestling moves. After being asked by Belzer several times, Hogan put Belzer in a front chin-lock, which caused Belzer to pass out.[36] When Hogan released him, Belzer hit his head on the floor, sustaining a laceration to the scalp that required a brief hospitalization.[37] Belzer sued Hogan for $5 million and settled out of court for $400,000 in 1990.[31] He used the incident in his HBO special Another Lone Nut as part of his stand-up routine, and used the settlement to help pay for a home in Beaulieu-sur-Mer, France, which he and his wife variously dubbed "Chez Hogan" and the "Hulk Hogan Estate".

Advertisement