Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rejoining AGS

Options
  • 18-02-2023 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Im an ex member of AGS i had my reasons for leaving but i miss the job and i am wondering would i be able to rejoing . What is the process and how long foes it take ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Correct me if I’m wrong! But I’d say you’d have to start the process all over again?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Stretch1432

I dont know im just enquiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jemima38

How long ago did you resign? If under 5 years contact HRM to start the rejoining process. You don't have to go through Templemore again. It's not very common so there is zero timelime to go by, so be prepared for a long wait.

Yes under 5 yrs but i was still in probation

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jemima38

Email HRM and go from there... they will advise whether you can apply to rejoin or if you need to start again. good luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 kiwi2023

Looking for some information on this. Have people been successful? Am I mad for thinking about it?

I contacted HRM and I was told I could rejoin but you have to explain why you left and the reason for coming back and what you have been doing since you left the force . Still in between two minds myself as to what to do. Hope this helps.

Thanks I'll contact them. Just wanted to see if anyone knows someone thats been successful with it or is it a waste of time.

Well there was a guy in my intake who rejoined but it was a long process. He got rejected then he reapplied and had to go through the whole process again aptitiude tests interviews medical etc and still was rejected and he had to go to the high court to fight to get back in . Its a long process and could take you 2 yrs.

God that doesn't sound great. Nothing to lose I'll give it a shot. There's no way I could start the whole thing again though. Fair play to him him for doing that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement