Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Married in January - Tax Credits?

Options
  • 15-02-2023 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Good evening everyone,

We got married in January this year and just like with any other tax credit, we were expecting to receive our updated tax certs with the higher tax rate band and tax credit soon after, but I'm having a hard time getting a confirmation and revenue are taking FOREVER to reply to an enquiry.

From my understanding, our personal tax credits will double and our 20% tax band will increase to 49k only from next year, and since we are both working full time in decent jobs, we're going to get a refund for the tax we would not have paid this year due to being married. Is that correct?

It's just a little confusing, as your tax credits just update on the fly, but something big like getting married only kicks in next year? We were hopeful to bring more money home this year as, well, everyone's struggling these days(except the rich) so I'm looking for a clarification to get our expectations in check.

Will be very grateful for any input.

Comments

Advertisement