Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Clinic A&E

Options
  • 15-02-2023 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I have an appointment in the Galway Clinic A&E tomorrow morning and have never been to it before. I’ve heard mixed things around waiting times i.e. even with an appointment, you could be there all day. Anyone have experienced they can share? Thanks.

Comments

I've been in and out there in no time

UHG A&E on the other hand....bring a sleeping bag

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Perzival

Ok that’s good to know. Yes UHG can be a disaster which is why I’m avoiding it as my issue is not very serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Been seen in less than 30 minutes. A bit tricky with needing an appointment but it does keep things flowing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Perzival

Well I can confirm that it was indeed very quick. Was seen to immediately and got all tests and results back very quick. Was in and out in less than 2 hours which I still consider very fast.

Having an appointment is key, I don’t think I’d bother showing up without one as you’re unlikely to be admitted. GP referrals also seem to be slower I felt, it was people who had made appointments themselves that were seen to the quickest.

Also just to point out the obvious, you will pay through the nose for the speed of service so ensure you’ve got decent health insurance coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭jkforde

just to make people aware of the Laya injury clinic in Briarhill, you don't need Laya health insurance coverage but of course will pay so only use in case of emergency but it's another A&E resource that people mightn't be aware of.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,844 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Galway Clinic is usually quite fast for small stuff but their prime objective is to get money off you. As much as possible. If admitted, they will try their best to keep you as long as possible.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭rustyfrog

Never knew that was open to non Laya customers, good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭crusd

Brother had a kidney stone recently (he knew what it was based on having had one previously) and wanting to make an appointment to avoid UHG was told they didn't have a urologist that day (a Thursday!). If its a simple matter they are good, but will pick and choose who to see based on what will be the easiest revenue generator at lowest cost, not based on who has the greatest need.

Advertisement