Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB delays - over a year waiting for MIC upgrade

Options
  • 14-02-2023 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Moved into a 70s build last year, it was vacant for some time, so we had to reconnect the ESB. Electrician came in during the first gutting upstairs and installed an electric shower.

This was the start of it all.

Sparky found the MIC of the house was 8kVA (the ESB sent us a receipt stating as such at reconnection), standard residential is 12kVA (https://www.esbnetworks.ie/new-connections/understanding-connection-capacity).

Sparky did all the electrician updates (upgrade supply cable, change main switch in fuseboard etc.), now all that was required was the ESB upgrade the supply.

Request went in in February of '22. We got one call - stating we didn't need the upgrade. We got Sparky on the case, he says he has been calling and calling, but to no avail. A year later we still don't have the upgrade - if we use the shower and hob at the same time, it trips the whole downstairs. As you can imagine, that's not a problem short term - just shower at a different time, but long term it's incredibly annoying. Especially when now we're finally getting around to installing a new kitchen, with fancy modern applicances like a dishwasher, washing machine and extractor fan.

SO - question for anyone out there that may have had anything similar. How do we get the ESB to upgrade our supply?

From what I can tell, one of two or both things have happened here:

1. ESB aren't looking at their ticketing system - they haven't even supplied us with an application number to call with so it's all via the Sparky
    2. Sparky is telling porkies and hasn't followed up with the ESB / answered his phone - but my number is on the application so no excuses there either

I'm at the point where I'm going to reach out to local politicians and submit a formal complaint.

Post edited by rubysgirl on

Comments

Advertisement