Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty debit card

Options
  • 14-02-2023 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I ordered a new debit card for my elderly father. We both tried to activate it in different ATMs and it was ejected with the message "This card is faulty". I went to my local branch with him and explained the situation to someone in customer service. Another card was ordered and unfortunately the same thing happened again when I tried to activate it.

The only explanation I can think of is that I ordered the first card for him as a first time debit card. However, my father told me afterwards that BOI did send out debit cards to him every few years but he never bothered activating or using any of the cards and doesn't know where the most recent one is, hence why he asked me to order the original one.

Could this be an explanation? If so, how could I resolve this and if not what might the problem be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Good afternoon,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am very sorry to hear of your father's experience. Our customer service team are available on 0818200362- select option 3 to speak to an agent. If your father gives us a call, one of my colleagues can certainly look into this for you and see why the card would appear to be faulty.

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, Megan

Advertisement