Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silage Eye

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,165 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I have been using <modsnip> for years and find it effective, ya if caught early <modsnip> spray works a treat at the feed face.

Two person solutions is not really an option on most farms especially where sheds or land are away from the house.

I have not used dry cow tubes in year(6-8+ since you needed a prescription), usually have a couple of <modsnip> tubes in a medicine box to use if spray not appropriate.

Post edited by greysides on

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 11,144 ✭✭✭✭Base price

TBH I'd hate to be a bovine with pink/silage eye and some fecker coming at me with a can of <modsnip> spray. Jaysus, imagine the pain with that force hitting your eye at millimeters per second.

Post edited by greysides on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

MOD: This thread is closed until I get time to go through it.

I'll refer you to the Constitution for the reason why.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Thread re-opened. Probably looks like a dog's dinner now with all the deletions but them's the rules!

I'm sure with the time the thread has been open those who have been following it have had a chance to see the details, but if you need to, then PM the respondents.

In response to one of the suggestions, and as an example of why the rules exist, I would caution against rubbing the mentioned antibiotic into the eye in neat form, until you've at least tested it on yourself.

No, I'm not serious.

Experience of using the antibiotic as indicated on its datasheet, frequently results in large, painful swellings in the muscle. Expensive/original varieties of the injections have better ingredients in the mix to counteract the acidity of the active. Cheaper versions of the preparation, curiously, have cheaper bases which don't work as well.

As antibiotics have to be sourced from your vet anyway, why not ask him/her(/them) what to use?

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Advertisement