Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running shades

Options
  • 12-02-2023 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

Morning folks

I need a new pair of shades - and would like a running specific pair . I’ve seen these pop up a lot :https://goodr.co.uk/.

Has anybody worn them? There is a good choice of colours.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

I've multiple pairs of these, cheap and cheerful, do the job very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

I've a pair of Goodr's they're really comfortable and don't bounce. Between my socks (Steigens) and sunglasses, I like to show a bit of personality, so Goodr's really do allow you to show off a bit, so go flashy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,979 ✭✭✭✭event

Have 3 pairs of them, they are excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

I think I’m sold so !! Thanks all

The run hub do them as well

• Advertisement

It’s just around the corner from my office - I’ll pop in next time I am up in Dublin and try on.

Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Gonna look into these myself, was only thinking I could do with a pair😎

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I need prescription shades so I go with goggles4u.co.uk, you just upload your prescription. Lots of frame choices and very reasonable prices, not the quickest to arrive but worth the wait.

I have really bad eyesight so prescription shades can look / feel heavy even when thinned . What are these ones like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Got a pair of Goodr's & love them! Wore them for a long run then my jalf marathon at the weekend & I didn't have to fix them once. Really great buy!

• Advertisement

Goggles4u have some nice light sports frames on offer. I got a pair, but to be honest I mostly wear the regular varifocals I got from them at the same time, as I ordered photochromic lenses so my regular glasses function perfectly as sunglasses also. Big variety of options and they often have some kind of discount available.

How do you find the photochromic lenses I ordered a pair via rayban which I need to pick up tomorrow and dreading that I may have made a mistake . I just wanted a cool pair of shades . However my eyesight had gotten so bad none of them would look cool even thinned and would be heavy. So I ordered the glasses that turn shades. Can you get the lenses thinned via goggles for you ?

Would contact lenses work for you? Thats what I wear usually

I suppose I started the thread looking for shades to wear with contacts . In the meantime I discovered rayban on graftan street did eyetests and medicated lenses - so I got excited and forgot about the the ones to wear with contacts . I suppose I’m back there again now . I do wear contacts but rarely as I’m just lazy really .

I find those photochromic lenses terrific. A game changer for me really as I had developed a bit of a sensitivity to bright lights, even indoors, so I love how the photochromic coating works and I really only use the prescription sunglasses now in the car (because photochromic lenses don't work very well in the car for light filtered through the windshield). Goggles4u offer them as an option on any pair.

Not sure about your question re 'thinned' lenses. I suppose my own varifocal lenses are fairly thick but I don't think that's an issue in the right frame, and my glasses certainly do not feel heavy.

The exact model I ordered doesn't seem to be available anymore but looked something like this one (not particularly cool, but effective!

Advertisement