Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee & Tea Forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 990 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

Ok. I read through the thread initially. When you commented again about the thread and how you were not happy with its content I revisited and read again to be sure I was being fair. At that point I made a couple of edits. Some comments were unnecessarily graphic so i changed or deleted them in the interest of keeping it clean and not upsetting any regular visitors to that forum. I did not do it as a smoke and mirrors tactic to have people believe there was no issue.

I also put a comment asking the users in that thread to keep it clean owing to the fact that it was in the Coffee & Tea forum.

I'm not trying to brush off anyone's opinions or gas-light anyone here. Are my actions open and transparent enough for you too understand the reasoning behind them? This is not a case of Mods & Admins dictatorship and no else's opinion matters. I'd like to feel that if there is an issue it is dealt with fairly and transparently no matter what it is.

-Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

As a daily reader of the fora I can see why HA originally reported the thread.

The topic itself is fine. Some contributions may have failed to "read the room".

I think it's been dealt with by Mike appropiatley and I'm not sure what more can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I simply don't believe you Mike.

When you stated there were no graphic posts in the thread, that was the point where it was obvious you were box ticking, and going along with the mods. The usual way of things.

Your actions were not open and transparent in that instance. And since then your actions and the actions of the mods have only served to make that even more obvious. Nothing is wrong, don't question the mods. How dare you start a feedback thread.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 990 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

You are more than entitled to your views and opinions. All the facts are out here in the open to be seen. I have nothing to hide. It should be obvious how this has played out.

I'm glad that you opened this thread to share your views and concerns, as is your right if you wish to do so.

I would like to reiterate, to everyone, that it is not the case that users views will be quashed and that nobody should dare question a mod because there is a band of us here ready attack and defend each other. There are no supreme rulers here.

I'm going to leave it here as far as this issue is concerned. I will continue to monitor the thread in question in the Coffee&Tea forum. I can only hope that my request/post is listened to and there will not be any issues going forward. Civil discussion can remain and graphic or inappropriate comments will be left out.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

It should be obvious how this has played out.

Yes, it absolutely is.

nobody should dare question a mod because there is a band of us here ready attack and defend each other

maybe not, nut your default stance, as illustrated in this thread, is that there is nothing wrong, the mods are correct and you didn't even bother to read the thread before marching in to this one and saying nothing was amiss.

I get it, the mods need protecting, and anyone questioning them needs to be put in their place. It's laughable that you tell me I have a "right" on this website. Nobody does, as we are told time and again this is a private entity, the owners and staff can do what they want.

You gaslighted me in this thread, whether you were trying to or not. It's standard behaviour. It's ingrained in the heirarchy.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

That's enough

You have received feedback on your issue. This is not sitewide feedback and TBH I don't think this particular concern warrants any further attention

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement