Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Road Racing 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Glad i didn't enter now if its hilly. It will however be a goal for 2024 once i reach a target kg.

Best of luck for the weekend & a huge filed will make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭secman

Best of luck to all the racers in the Gorey 3Day, lumpy enough course compared to previous years, marshalling a bit over the weekend, enjoy and safe riding to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Enjoying the Twitter updates from Ras Mumhan with in-race videos from the support cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

What happened today with the time penalty, why was it given do you know?

I was hoping to go to the finish of stage 3 yesterday but something came up, tough finish.

A guess but given he apparently had two punctures/ mechanicals it’s drafting to get back on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Plastik

Drafting? I'd say there was no pedalling at all.

I didn’t want to be as blunt without actual confirmation.

He is getting a lot of sympathy online oddly enough but I’m sure if the spokes racing lad did same it would be different. Expensive lesson for a young lad to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Busy weekend for the racing scene! Attacked the first 3 laps on Stage 1 Gorey but was only ever away solo or with 1 other. The one time i was in a move with about 10/12 we caught the womens leaders and half of our bunch went behind them rather than charging through so all momentum was gone! Missed opportunity there! Unfortunately as expected i didnt survive the main climb on stage 2, paced into the climb for a few km on the front at a nice tempo just keeing out of trouble and allowing some slippage room but I just couldnt hang on. Then rode the next 25km with a guy from Bray but for nothing! We seemed to be holding time fairly consistent for a while but were never closing it and sat up to ride in with pack 2. TT went better but still should have done better, 3rd though so not too bad. Crashed yesterday and had bike tangled which took a full minute to get free and get going! Chased like feck for 8km on my tod until finally the pack sat up and i managed to catch back of cars. Rode in with yellow in what was a very reduced pack behind the break after a frantic few km into the finish! Lost a good opportunity there as i was into the break that was away for the day inside the first 5km but i had a job to do and when i saw no numbers i was looking for i sat up! The pack really let them go out then! Pity as the guy we were working for dnf'd in that crash, thanfully he is ok though and i was enjoying marking a few lads we'd targetted. Rolled over a few times to help once i knew our guy was gone so got a good workout at least :P

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Gorey was a really well run event, big thanks to the event organisers. Moto Marshalls are great in these bigger events as makes the racing a bit safer.

Stage 2 was fantastic event though I was shelled from lead group on the Ballyfad climb and ended up in group 2. Looking at the strava stats for the leading 15 riders is sobering considering they weight probably sub 60kg. Plenty of punchy climbs there after with great finish in the village. Stages like that are less common these days so great to be part of it.

Stage 4 was really good also using the familiar Eddie Tobin circuit. Really strange at the mid point the bunch grinding to a halt considering all the jersey leaders were in the group! Really ramped up for the final 20km and was helter skelter all the way to the finish with tailwind and hail stones, fantastic stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭wav1

Hope to see a few of you at Coombes Connor races on Sunday

Also 3 stage youth ras na n'og Saturday and Sunday

www.droghedawheelers.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Will be there, just looked at the last time i did that circuit in 2021, 46km/hr average for the 100km that day!!

I'll be there myself for the A3, mad for road after a break from racing during the stage race season.

Odd start time though, local issues?

1pm start

Have stage 3 of ras na n'og at 10am and a4 race 11.30

Guess that justifies it then 😂😂😂.

Looking forward to it.

That Coombes circuit is fast. Enjoyable though and a lovely day for racing despite the delayed start

Savage fast & loved it once again. A3 bunch of 100 very well behaved once again bar one rider that slipped on the bend after the line.

Many thanks to the crew attached to Drogheda Wheelers for a great day.

Waller Cup anyone?

Another speedy circuit with a drag finish which suits me once i make that final bend in the correct palce.

We have another nice one for you Saturday 6th May sean lynch memorial unless you want to save yourself for wicklow the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Well he was looking for a drag to the finish, so the Ken Duff/ Shay Elliott will do the job! 😁

Wicklow? No one my weight should entrain cycling a bike there 😂😂😂.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Love the Waller cup, they usually always put on a women's race, massive respect for that. Great one for us trackies and always very well run. I'll be watching but not racing this year!

Bit of a disgrace imo that it's not a NS race, the Waller Cup is a classic in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Looking forward to the waller Cup great circuit will be racing the a1/a2 race . Haven't raced in that category in over 10 years , racing for 3 hours will be a challenge

Probably the ideal race to start back with the big boys. 3hrs full gas though spins horrific.

all the hitters id say will be in mayo id hope! so im hoping for something a bit easier than normal

Speedy recovery to the lads caught up in that big crash in A3 race in Bohermeen.

Alot of lads came down & stunned I managed to avoid it given the proximity to it.

Hope all the lads heal up well from it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Women's race was epic. Bohermeen really know how to run a race.

Big crash in the A3's was unfortunate, I hope everyone's ok.

Today was first time back in A2 at the Waller cup. Was amazed how easy it was to keep position , terrible fast and tough to ride but it wasn't the A3 washing machine. Hope everyone is ok from the A3 crash

• Advertisement

Can anyone answer this for me?

To remain A3 is it 45 or 50 years old?

CI currently unable to answer emails it seems.

Advertisement