Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Mastercard won't work for online payments

Options
  • 09-02-2023 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

I have a BOI Mastercard that just constantly fails to make online purchases. I've called BOI about this a few times, but each time to no avail. The second last time they kept trying to say it was the fault of the online vendor. The online vendor actually sent me screenshots of their payment system and how it was being rejected on the BOI side. I got a letter of apology from BOI on this.

Then today I really wanted to use my Mastercard for an online payment and once again it is rejected. I ring the main number (0818 365 365) and get through to someone. There was nothing wrong with how they handled me, but it was clear they were trying to get through their script ASAP. It was all just go check online 'that your device is primary' and get off the phone please. Of course my device was "primary" already and my subsequent attempt to make the payment failed.

Is there some way to get through to level 2 or level 3 support on my Mastercard issue please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us.

Could you send us a private message please and let us know what's happening when you try to approve on App? Any error message showing etc?

Many thanks, Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

I have the exact same problem. I spoke with BOI team twice. The people on the phone don't know how to fix the issue. They said it must be an error on the retailer's side. I don't believe this because I have used the same site 50+ times. I have never experienced this issue with my old bank's Mastercard.

My partner tried on her BOI Mastercard. Same problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there, thanks for checking in with us.

Sorry to see this is happening. Would you mind sending us a private message and we can follow up with you? Could you let us know the error showing and also if you have new card set up for viewing within the Mobile App?

Many thanks, Alison

Advertisement