Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in the South applying for a mortgage in Belfast

Options
  • 09-02-2023 5:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm currently living and working in Carlow but I'm looking to get a first time buy mortgage for a house in Belfast, I have 32k saved for a deposit. Looking to buy a house under 130k.

Does anyone have any experience doing this? I've spoken to a few mortgage brokers and I think Halifax accept euros. I work 4 on 4 off so I'd like to continue to work in Carlow but head up to Belfast on my days off until securing another job in Belfast and I'd probably rent out one of the rooms.

I can't find much information online so I'm wondering does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this?

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sounds unlikely tbh.

Why not just ring Halifax and find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Progressive used do this sort of thing, as a NI only operation they are more tuned in.

You would expect the Irish banks might also do this, so try BOI NI and First Trust, but you wouldn't know.

One problem is that you are resident in the ROI and not the more typical commuter who would have an existence in NI.

Advertisement