Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compliance intervention

Options
  • 08-02-2023 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Hi

I got a notification from Revenue about a level 1 Compliance Intervention. What exactly does this mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Some aspect of a return you filed or information available to Revenue which should be specified in the notification is being reviewed under the Compliance Intervention Framework. Full details in the link below. It's the lowest level of intervention with higher levels being Audit or Investigation. This is coming from a compliance area not a customer service area.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Recliner

I searched that document for Level 1 and read through that section. Do I need to contact Revenue? I'm assuming something triggered this notification but I've no clue what.

The last thing I sent in was my medical expenses for 2021 and 2022, but that was literally inputting the figures that I got from my chemist and my doctor.

Everything else I had submitted online in January, and it all went through no problem.

I'm a PAYE worker, and will admit to not being an expert when it comes to taxation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

What does the letter tell you to do?

PAYE individuals are subject to all levels of compliance interventions just like any other taxpayer/entity. Submitting/claiming tax relief for things online using review your taxes in MyAccount is you filing a tax return.

Just got the letter today. I have to send in supporting documentation for my medical expenses which is grand. I think it's just getting a letter from Revenue is a frightening thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MusicMan.23

Hi @Recliner

I’ve also received a level 1 compliance intervention letter last week. It says it’s a verification check.

They want me to provide documents from the past 4 years on medical expenses etc. I don’t live in Ireland since last year so I wouldn’t even have access to the documents. What’s the best approach to this, as you mentioned it is a bit frightening getting letters from revenue.

Also, have you heard back from them since your letter? Thanks

• Advertisement

If you contact your doctor and anywhere you got medication or treatment, they should be able to provide you with the info you need.

I didn't hear anything else back from then after I sent them my info.

Advertisement