Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering KBC mortgage with Mortgage Viewer Issue

Options
  • 07-02-2023 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi,

Today we received comms our mortgage was transferred to BOI from KBC. Our mortgage account number is xxxxxxx/x - 7 digits followed by / and 1 digit after that.

Trying to register the mortgage on Mortgage Viewer fails since the mortgage account field only accepts 8 digits max.

Any advice on how to register the mortgage with the Viewer?

Thanks.

Comments

Are you trying to register with your old KBC mortage account number, or the new BOI account number?

I got a letter from BOI confirming my old KBC Account number and giving me my new BOI mortgage account number, which is 7 digits, without a slash.

However, when I tried to register for BOI Mortgage Viewer, it couldn't find the new BOI mortgage account number! 🤦‍♀️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We're sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty with this. For further help and assistance please see the link attached. There is a live chat function available to speak with our colleagues who will be more than happy to help with this.

Customer Support - KBC - Bank of Ireland

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RootX

Hi Jen,

thanks, tried Live Chat but they couldn't help, asked me to call the mortgage support line or visit a BOI branch...

Hi!

Was trying with the KBC account number, haven't received anything in the post yet, only email so far.

Thanks for getting back to us here, please be assured that our colleagues are available on 016113333 and our colleagues here will be happy to help with this.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement

I got three numbered "communications" by post (They call them communications :)

#1 in October, #2 in November, and #3 in January which had my new BOI mortgage account number, a new direct debit mandate to be filled out and returned by 13 Feb (for March payment) a request to change direct debit date form (if required) even though KBC told me Direct Debits would transfer over automatically.

You should give them a call.

Hi Loueze,

thanks, #1 and #2 arrived OK via post, don't seem to have received #3 and today got #4 via email. I'll stop by our local branch here and see if everything is in order and whether they can provide the BOI-issued mortgage account number.

I presume life/house insurance would also need to be updated with that new mortgage account number.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I did get email #4. No BOI account number in it and the KBC one doesn't work with the mortgage viewer with or without the slash.

This is a generic problem, please give a public answer. We can't all call & visit a branch for an issue that affects 100% of KBC->BOI customers. Nonsense. The account number should be communicated to all of us via email or text or simply accept the KBC one in your online form.

Also, will the life insurance & home insurance update automatically? I expect it will and no communication from KBC or BOI says we need to take any action.

Again, public info needed, this also affects 100% of KBC->BOI customers, it isn't about my specific situation therefore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

It would be best to contact our KBC Transaction Support team directly on 0818 210 290 and my colleagues can discuss this with you further.

The team are available from Monday- Friday, 8am- 8pm and on Saturdays from 10am- 2pm.

Thanks, Eve

Hi Eve,

so I called the KBC Transaction Support team and they gave me the BOI mortgage account number which worked on the mortgage viewer app. Unfortunately they were n't aware if a process is in place to amend the mortgage account number with the various insurance providers, can you shed some light please?

Thanks

Epi

• Advertisement

Hi there, thanks for checking back.

Would you mind sending us a private message with the type of insurance providers and type of insurance policies etc?

Many thanks,

Alison.

Hi there, we have looked into this for you.

With any 3rd party insurance providers, it would be necessary for you to update the details directly with them.

Just to add, if you hold an AXA policy, please see our FAQ's for direction - https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/kbc/customer-support/mortgages/

Many thanks, Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

it looks like a mess, we are in the same situation.. got only 3 of the 4 letters, no letter no 3.. also we rang the above no and got no help at all. we were told to try again tomorrow.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear this.

If you’ve a question about any of our communications you have received, please don’t hesitate to contact Bank of Ireland’s KBC Transition Support team on 0818 210 290, 8am – 8pm Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays) or +353 1 250 0305 (if calling from outside Ireland). From 4 February to 25 March our support team will be available on Saturdays 10am-2pm.

Our colleagues will be happy to help resolve any issues from there.

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

Hi,

we spend every day now on the phone! We've been told that the mortgage will be taken out on 21st but from where? we were told it takes 2 weeks to setup a direct debit and we went out of the way to setup a BOI current account months in advance!.. one of your reps couldnt believe the hassle we were having! At this stage we will be contacting the financial ombudsman over this process as its become bit of a joke! We've never missed a payment and now its looking like down to a mess-up by KBC/BOI we will be.😡

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to see this has been your experience.

If you currently had a direct debit in place prior with KBC this will continue on the account for you.

Is the account that debits the mortgage still in use at the moment for the DD to go through for this month's payment?

Many thanks, Alison

FYI:

• Mortgage Protection does not transfer automatically
    • New Ireland (our provider) said they want a "Release of assignment" from KBC and a "Notice of assignment" form BOI
    • The dedicated BOI team never heard of anything like this before, not even their team lead - can't help. They assumed it would be automatic and told me to ask KBC.
    • The dedicated KBC team never heard of anything like this before either, they flagged it with some other department who hasn't called me back.
    • I asked both BOI and KBC if I have a broken mortgage protection now. None of them could answer this question.

So it seems we have an issue on a massive scale and these dedicated teams or mortgage protection providers haven't a clue.

I would very much appreciate some pointers on how to resolve this. (dear banking bot, please save me the "contact our dedicated team via this phone number" message - I did that already, see above)

Hi Xboxdad,

We have sent you a private message on this if you wish to follow up with us from there.

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Jaysus this is an absolute shitshow. No information given in any of the communications regarding the mortgage protection.

We also didn't get comms 3 and no BOI account number just the old KBC one on everything. I wouldn't mind but have BOI current accounts.

KBC weren't the best at communications sometimes but definitely not this bad. Also the BOI app is shocking.

Hi Declan, @Bank of Ireland Reps

If you could also pm me, as I too have mortgage protection policy with New Ireland.

TIA

• Advertisement

Short summary so far:

- BOI confirmed I don't have to do anything....but they refused to confirm it in an email or any sort of official communication that I could use with New Ireland

- KBC in the meantime contacted me and also sent me an email repeating that I don't have to do anything and it's automatic

- New Ireland said they can't accept the email as a basis for making the change, but finally agreed to handle the case with the banks directly without me trying to solve it

Post edited by xboxdad on

Thanks, @xboxdad

This has all become so annoying. We were told everything to do with our mortgages would transfer automatically to BOI, and it seems like nothing has transferred automatically - not even the direct debit!

I'm very uneasy at the thought that there could be issues with the mortgage protection should (god forbid) anything happen. You never know the hour or the day. I didn't consider I needed to do anything with my mortgage protection policy until I read this thread, as I expected all that would be handled between KBC's team and BOI.

What have they actually been doing all this time, if not looking after these details for customers!?

The mortgage agreement says it's our responsibility to ensure we have valid mortgage protection at all times.

I thought it'd be illegal for banks to transfer mortgages and leave them in an invalid/broken state.

All I was realistically expecting from my mortgage protection provider is to say, sure, it was automatically transferred already as the mortgage couldn't have been transferred without it.

True, but I wonder how many others are in the same boat as us and don't realise they need to contact their insurers?

I wouldn't have realised only for this thread.

Re the legalities - possibly a question for the financial / insurance ombudsman?!?

At least amending the buildings insurance with Allianz was a doddle! All that took was an email!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Yeah it's very annoying. Nothing, or at least I don't remember much was said about moving mortgage protection. I only got my BOI Mortgage Account number today so will see what the mortgage protection company says on Monday.

You mean we need to handle a change in home insurance as well? I didn't think they have anything to do with the bank/mortgage. Can you elaborate on this please?

I never got a BOI mortgage account number. They should be sending these out in email / text / post like the rest of their communication.

If you got an email with "Communication 4" they don't seem to be doing that. I had to ring them to get that sorted.

Your home buildings insurance policy will usually have the mortgage holding bank noted on it as an "interested party". You have to change this from KBC to Bank of Ireland. I did it through "MyAllianz" and Allianz was very efficient, they got back to me within a few hours to say it was sorted.

I got my BOI mortgage account number by letter with "Communication 3" along with a request to complete a new DD mandate and change of date form, even though I had a direct debit set up with KBC (for the 28th) which I assume will carry over. I'll know on Tuesday.

I never got any "Communication 4", either by post or email, which has me concerned now. 😫

• Advertisement

If you have your BOI mortgage number you don't have to worry about Communication 4.

Some people didn't get communication 4 letter with their BOI mortgage number, just a Comms 4 by email. They're the ones that need to ring a number but so far the only way they know is on this forums apparently.

Post edited by Daith on

Advertisement