Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Neighbours Dad is Stone mad. He is mowing her lawns already and they are not even long like WTF

Options
  • 06-02-2023 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Stone mad I tell you. Jeez give us a break. Lawn season is long enough and starts in Spring. It's not Spring yet is it?

Anyone else got any crazy neighbours doing crazy things?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Maybe fix the title.

Yes it's spring.

Yes some people have started to cut their grass. (Whether they should or shouldn't is another conversation)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What business is it of yours if your neighbour cuts their lawn 12 months of the year?

Yes it is spring, we've had an exceptionally mild winter (mostly) and stuff is starting to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭rolling boh

You can cut grass anytime of the year i have been told .

I noticed grass had been cut in a few places this week.

Also full rows of daffodils already out !

Our daffs have been up since Christmas. They started sprouting the week of the really bad ice in December so their growth stalled but they've been bopping away all January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

I’ve a neighbour who cuts his lawn every Wednesday and every Saturday unless it’s milling rain. He has a ride on lawnmower and his large garden is like a football pitch, manicured to an inch of its life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭jmreire

Thats the difference when people start going by the calendar rather than by Nature.....if the grass need to be cut, then it has to be cut, end of story, regardlesss of the date. The way the climate is going at the moment, you have to be very flexible when it comes to gardens and gardening.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Lawns can be cut at any time if it's dry enough. There was tremendous growth all winter. Plenty have been cut around here and mine would be too if the soil wasn't so damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

I don’t cut my lawn in the summer very much, especially when it’s hot. My grass is nice and lush and green for the kids when everyone else’s is scorchio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

I cut mine on Christmas day, great to get you in the mood for the dinner.

• Advertisement

The thing is alot of nature is still hibernating.

Going around tidying up leaves etc is disturbing them.

Lawns don't need to be manicured to an inch of their lives. Dandelions are an important food source for pollinators etc.

At the end of the day each to their own , we don't cut ours until summer...even then it's after the wild orchids die off. So probably July , but our grass is fairly mossy so doesn't get too long

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Tork

I hope it's a diesel-powered lawn mower, to really piss you off. There's many a person who'd be delighted to live beside somebody who bothers to look after their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Cut my grass (about an acre) last week, though about cutting all again today but just ran over a couple of areas that had obvious new growth.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Ya I've a neighbour who keeps looking on over my wall while I mow my grass.

Crazy he dont mind his own bidness!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Stone mad no less for conserving his garden’s integrity

One of the great unkempt brigade are we op. Sure let it alll hang out..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

My Neighbours Dad is Stone mad. He is mowing her lawns already and they are not even long like WTF

I think the OP is referring to HER lawns, should go Brazilian in Spring, make for a better summer of content.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Is he cutting the grass at night or daytime ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,842 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Is isn't Spring.

Meteorological Spring begins on 1st March. Astronomical Spring begins with the Equinox on March 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭jmreire

I'm still in hibernation mode myself, TBH, and the last thing I want or need right now is to disturb the mower ( it needs its rest too!! ) But the lawn I have is a about 2/3's of an acre, and by God, if or when it gets out of control , getting it civilized again is some dose, I can tell you!!! It happened a few years ago, I was away for the mth of September, and it had grown into a meadow when I got back. I had a big Viking 6 with a 50" cutting deck, and 7 height settings. No good,,,would need a tractor with a cutting bar, which I did not have. So all hands on deck with strimmer's and after several days we got it back under control. But I swore, come hell or high water, it was the last time that I would allow it to happen. I understand where you are coming from, and I agree with you, but as soon as my grass gets to cutting height, I'll be cutting it. None the less, Thanks for the information 😊

Mild winter? Thought winter was fooking freezing. Particularly the couple of weeks coming up to Christmas.

This. February is winter. (Not having a go at people cutting the grass though - bizarre complaint).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

My grass badly needs to be cut, it needed to be cut in November but the ground was and is too wet.

I'll leave it as long as possible and leave as much clover and dandelions as I can, but there's a tipping point where the house starts to look neglected and forlorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Exceptionally mild, but damp. Only one constantly cold week around here.

It was more than early December. Mid December.

Yeah the damp made it feel cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’ll have to cut mine soon. It’s a nightmare letting it get anyway long when you’ve got a dog dumping in it.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Heard a lad years ago comparing a handjob he got from a woman to be like starting an old petrol lawnmower after a cold winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

I have the mower serviced last week.

Cutting will start in he next 2 weeks, not sorry OP - suck it up.

Advertisement