Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt Ireland

Options
  • 04-02-2023 2:21am
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

Hey guys,

i got a credit card when I was 19 with a 3000€ limit even tho I was working part time and am unable to pay it back

for a bit of background before you judge me, I was working for a big company on a 11 month contract at the start of lockdown, I was only working 20 hours a week but was coming out with about 1100 a month

during covid I was severely depressed from working from home and many other reasons, I developed a substance abuse problem

i applied for a credit card through aib and because my contract said I made 28k a year (assuming I worked full time even tho I was part time) the bank gave me a card with a limit of 3k and I maxed it within a month

since then I cleaned up my act but haven’t been able to pay back the debt as I’m still in college and making 180€ a week which barely covers my rent and food, but the bank have passed on my debt to a debt collection agency because I haven’t answered there letters (they want me to ring them but I have severe anxiety due to past substance abuse)

does anyone have any advice or similiar stories, (credit score, repercussions etc) not quite sure what to do as I’ve finally met a woman who’s helped me clean myself up and if she finds out about this she could leave me and I’ll be back at square 1

thanks guys I’ve never used boards but have resorted to this as I’m lost

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement