Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Athy

Options
  • 03-02-2023 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, me and my husband plan on buying a house in Athy we’re not sure thou as its got a bad reputation. We currently live in dublin, does anyone know the current situation there facilities for kids and crime rates? Are the people nice?

Thank you

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,077 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Confirm your email address so you can post properly, then I'll move this to a forum that's actually related to the topic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,077 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And moved to the proper place.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

Whereabouts in Athy?

We moved here in 07 and have lived in Rheban manor (renting) and now Coneyboro (owning). Both our kids went to school here and we have never had any problems. It is like any other small town.

Kids - primary school is fine. Two secondaries. Mine went to the high school. There is a skate park, a park,, leisure centre but not that much for teens really.

Crime. Like anywhere it exists. I've never had anything nicked but some have. The main problem is bored teens hanging around looking for mischief but they are usually polite. I don't really go out in town but my daughter's do and they have never had any trouble either.

The reputation dates from decades ago. I have never felt unsafe there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I'm here a good few years and have no issues with crime. Son is getting on great in school, loads and loads of sports and activities for kids, and adults actually.

I think that rep is old news, but there are definitely some dodgy areas in the town and dodgy people just like anywhere. I've made some great friends since moving, people are generally very friendly.

It feels like every second person is from Dublin 😁

Advertisement