Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.
Hello all! This is just a quick reminder to ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere.

Creative Gigaworks Speaker Cable repair

• 02-02-2023 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12 kjansch

Hi

I have a set of Creative Gigaworks T40 speakers, the original version.

Unfortunately the 'slave' or secondary speaker's cable has snapped and I cannot connect it to the Hub speaker.

Does anyone know somewhere where this can be repaired in Dublin - the cable needs to be replaced but I still have the jack to connect on the snapped end of the cable

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭ ozmo

Best fixing it yourself...

What does each end of the cable look like? I see several versions on internet... If its circular like below you could use this (the blue one should fit)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JEEUE-Connectors-Solderless-Terminal-Applications-RCA-Male-Blue-2PCS/dp/B08LW1N1K8?th=1

or easier again - this one you don't even need a screwdriver...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Speaker-Terminal-Female-Adapter-Connector-RCA-Male-AV-2-Screw/dp/B07B9PGMBR

A soldered version would be preferable just for looks - but the above is perfectly fine and only tools needed would be a penknife to fix.

When you strip the wires - one will either be black or no insulation and be braided and wrapped around an inner wire. Black or braided goes to (-) and inner or red goes to (+)...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kjansch

Thanks for that, oddly I didn't receive a notification of your reply

Unfortunately its a satellite speaker that connects to the main speaker that has had it's connector cable broken, so while that may be a solution, the cable would be very short as a result.

The cable has snapped in half , its not that the cable has snapped near the jack/plug.

I'm assuming you clip those fittings onto the end of the snapped cable.

Advertisement