Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Representing myself in family law case

• 31-01-2023 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I am the applicant who got a barring order against my husband for 12 months. He is appealing it. I can no longer afford my solicitor it is €900 for a day in court and I do not qualify for legal aid. Am I mad representing myself especially for an appeal. I have too many bills, 3 kids and bills and mortgage have to take priority. Solicitor won’t take instalments either so I am on my own really. I don’t even know how an appeal goes and do I need to write to his solicitor and tell them I represent myself now. TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

For a barring order you can do it yourself. The Court is normally very understanding for these cases and you will get good advice on process in the Court office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 BlueTaba

Contact your local Legal Aid Board, they should be able to take you on based on a means test and fees on a sliding scale. If he has a solicitor representing him then it is possible you may get blindsided in court. If anyone recommends that you allow the appeal based on an undertaking given by him to adhere to the barring order DO NOT AGREE TO THIS. He can breach this undertaking and the Gardai will do nothing to help you!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fresh air helps!

Thanks. I don’t qualify for legal aid it is ridiculous. I am trying to find out if the appeal is just about the decision and evidence in the hearing for the barring order or is this a new hearing. He has a solicitor and barrister for it. Mad.

Advertisement