Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dust collection

Options
  • 28-01-2023 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

I do a good bit of woodwork but not enough to invest in a dust extraction system. Would it be an idea to hook up an old hoover? Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

not really, you're likely to clog an hoover meant tof getting dust out of carpets immediately.

what do you want extraction for, is it hvlp stuff like a table saw, or HPlV like a sander?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

What about

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Triton-DCA300-Collection-Bucket-Capacity/dp/B002QS1LMU

Ive also seen videos of people making these from buckets and duct tape - they collect the sawdust and dont block the vacuum.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Yes, it’s mainly for table saw and possibly mitre saw.

Will take a look at the Triton option

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

aldi or lidl occasionally do something a little similar to that triton bucket, for about €15 or €20.

have a search on youtube, i think i remember seeing tutorials on how to make them from cheap buckets, IIRC the trick is to manage the airflow so it dumps as much as possible in the bucket rather than it being sucked into your vacuum.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, I have one that's sold as an ash collector I think. I use it as a buffer before my dust collector vacuum which doubles as a workshop vacuum, when I'm cleaning up shavings after a woodturning session to avoid filling it up as it's a bit of a PITA to empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Yes, I’ve seen those, I’ll keep an eye out, thanks

Advertisement