Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Right refugee scare tactics

Options
  • 28-01-2023 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

New tactic by the far right and anti-refugee crowd.

They are now spreading stories on FB & TikTok by purported real people saying "I was followed by strange men". Or two foreign men tried to rob my phone at "put refugee location here". And I was chased by a group of men - again put "refugee location here".

The sad thing is so many gullible people actually believe these fake stories. They don't check and see that the accounts are brand new with no history and the so-called "news" reports are fake too

These far right agitators are targeting very gullible people who then spread the mis information into their social circle and then it becomes "fact".

Its the way the Trump MAGA campaign has spread dangerous rhetoric in the USA.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

At least they can spell

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭lmao10

It's been happening for a while. The worst nightmare for the far right seems to be the idea of refugees or migrants hooking up with Irish women.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭DaithiMa

Ooh aah, up the Fra...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Is this an Italian friar, like Fra Angelico, spreading anti-refugee propaganda?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

While some will be made up for lots of stupid reasons it of course happens as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭BagofWeed

Always been the Irish way, to spread lies and gossip towards anyone different. Going to be havoc here over it all as the refugees and other foreign people or Irish born people of foreign background won't tolerate it. Funnily enough it could well be the latter demographic that actually protest and take to the streets and get something done about housing as most of our own are like rabbits blinded by headlights who are running around totally confused by it all looking for anyone to blame but themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I think its more of a concern for womens safety than them hooking up with anyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Thread title changed (I thought it was funny - but it'd eventually annoy me)

🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭batman_oh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,344 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Talking about a "housing crisis", that's the biggest one at the moment for them.

Are there challenge, certainly but descriptions about housing emergency and crisis is about escalation of fear and tension.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AIDAN8319

When the media refuse to report on attacks & incidents openly and honestly, it leads to this culture of speculation & gossip. If they were honest and didnt hide the skin colour & nationality of perpetrators, this would be solved immediately. If a white Irish heterosexual male is exposed every time he commits a crime then so should everyone else be aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

plenty on tiktok and all by new account and then commented upon initially by the same people until it gets legs and others start commenting because they were so gullible and believed it was true - cos it was on tiktok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

I'd disagree. The media report plenty of issue and in a lot of cases will report the country of the perpetrator. The media ignore a massive amount of criminal issue from many areas and a lot of it is because its a few days before they hear of it.

Have a visit to any district and circuit court and look at the amount of assault cases that come before the courts - the vast vast majority are Irish especially when it is domestic violence

Any examples or are we supposed to take your word for it.

How do we know your not making up stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

It's almost fascinating how the "Irish commit no crime" narrative is attached to people, when not one of us has ever downplayed the reality that Irish people commit crime, and for now are the majority of people who commit crime in the nation. Can you show me one person you actually makes arguments like this? Or are you doing the usual, making up stuff to make it seem like you have a point?

That, on top of they "they don't care about native crime" narrative, is absolute nonsense, as there's a massive overlap between the people who have an issue with current immigration policies and the social problems that come from the Irish underclass.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

You might think theres no housing crisis.

But there is.

https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/housing-planning/2022/09/16/french-embassy-issues-warning-over-severe-housing-crisis-in-ireland/

The French embassy in Ireland has warned those relocating from France that the State is currently experiencing a “severe housing crisis” 

"for them". By that logic the French govt must be one of "them".

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Many of the left posters on boards don't see the housing crisis as they are too busy mashing the keyboard from Mammy and Daddy's boxroom . There is no issue that they are not experts on. Peru to Ukraine. The conflict in the middle east .Immigration to housing. They are wasted .

You're probably responding to the people who are responsible for it. Most of the posters here are in those telegram groups and have twitter accounts attacking migrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah I suppose the video of the African guy demanding money and then threatening to sexually assault two women working there was played by actors from the far right was it.

Other videos I've seen over the past few weeksof migrants standing outside centres grabbing youg women as they passed on the street.

All made up because these nice newcomers would never do anything like that at all.

• Advertisement

I think the poster was referring to all of the obviously made up stories actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Absolutely nail on head.

Irish Times have reported an alleged attack on an encampment of migrants, describing them as Polish, Hungarian, Scottish but describe the attackers as “white Irish”!

Unbelievable! Has the Irish Times ever described the perpetrator of a rape or murder as “Black Somalian” or “Black Nigerian”?

Of course not.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I think the main feeling most people have is disgust at the perpetrators of the attack. Absolute scumbags who should be prosecuted and it's time for the guards to start taking more serious action on this. We've now seen lads getting attacked and who knows what could have happened. People radicalising people into this need to be treated as such also.

The good thing about this act is it has helped those lads to get accommodation and get out of their situation as I'm sure that is what will now happen now that this has been publicised.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

There hasn't been any bite for a far right in Ireland. They've been constantly rejected at the polls for a decade.

But now there's massive immigration while Irish people are treated like dirty and there's anti open borders and anti unlimited migration protests.

So....we're in a situation where the far right are consistently rejected yet there's an increase in protests. So what can be read into that? That people have genuine issue with unlimited immigration. There's no housing. There's no GPs. There's no transport for this many people.

Get it into your heads lads, it's nothing to do with hating foreigners. It's everything to do with this country not being able to support more people!! It can't support the ones it has! You might wake up and smell the roses when you are impacted negatively like those of us who currently are! And no I don't blame refugees, I'd flood the country and scam my way into the country if I could, I blame our government for allowing it!!!

Most of the people in question are in fact out and out racists and targeting refugees purely for that reason.

Based on what? The voices in your head?

We have evidence that the attack in Fermanagh was by White Far Left violent thugs, people charged.

What is your evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭DaithiMa

'They don't check and see that the accounts are brand new with no history...'

Your own account was only created in August 2022, should we be wary of far left scare tactics on boards😂

What is the point of asking for evidence when you know the poster is right?

• Advertisement

How can you be sure, as you say that these people will now get accommodation? You can’t be sure. They have lived wild for a long time, have been attacked in hostels and there is no room in the state.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement